Thursday, August 21, 2008

Super Angie... Keystone summer fun Highlights

AHOY MATEYS
Getting dangerously close to the fountain!
Brennan at the park
Tan loved the slide


Heres Ryann out in the river

Julie and Ryann both enjoyed wearing wild flowers in their hair.

Dallin in the river
Brennan on a rock in the river
I'm home now from a few weeks in Keystone. We are all tired and exhusted (and my neck is completely out, so I am experiencing really severe headaches), but our time there was great. 
Dallin loved his Miner's camp. His camp directors were great. He visited two mines, did lots of crafts and just had a fabulous time. 

We love the ward in Frisco and had a nice Sunday worshiping.  I love small wards out in the mission field. 

It snowed!

Rick came to visit and we celebrated our 3rd Wedding anniversary. We enjoyed being together as a family--outlet shopping, enjoying drinks at Borders, watching movies and shows, and hot tubing.

On Monday, Rick and I went to work out. Something went wrong and I tweaked my neck. I should have just gone back to Utah because I was in so much pain, but my friend Julie and two of her kids were coming Monday night, so I didn't want to disappoint. The pain got progressivly worse as the week went along. Really sucked!

Julie, Nathan and Ryann arrived. Ryann and Dallin and classmates, and Nathan and Brennan are friends from rock climbing. We had a wonderful Tuesday. We played in the river, skipped rocks, got our pants and shoes wet and enjoyed the sun. We played at the park by the lake, had a picnic, fed popcorn to the birds and ducks, and fish food to the ducks and fish. We ran, hopped on rocks, skipped and walked around the lake, enjoying the views, the sun and the exercise. The kids tried hard to feed each and every fish and duck we saw. We tried to avoid stepping in geese poop---didn't work for me! YUCK! We window shopped, looked at resturants, and did a bit of shopping at a fun gift shop. Then the wet fun began! Julie rented a paddle boat and she and the kids went out on the lake (I stayed with Tan under the pavillon). They got wet and had a blast! Thanks Julie for renting the boat! :)

Now we are all home and the kids are happy to see their toys here. Laundry is almost done and my neck and headache are still pretty bad. I had a massage tonight, which helped, but its still hurting. Can't wait till next week when my Chiropractor comes back from vacation. 
Cheers!
--Super Angie

5 comments:

Super Angie's MOM said...

Sorry about the neck. In spite of that, everyone had a great end to a fun summer adventure. Loved the pictures of the kids.

Charles Miske said...

Dang cute pics

Wendi said...

Hope you feel better!

Glad you've been able to have lots of good times together!

Anonymous said...

How fun!! Tell me you enjoyed the weather for me as well?! I'm gettin' tired of the constant heat out here. Sigh. And god bless Chiropractors!!! Feel better!

Tiff said...

Sorry that your neck is hurt! I hate getting migraines!

It sounds like you had a great time in Keystone. Thats great that your friends were able to come.

See ya next week :)

On Belay

On Belay
Brennan Top Roping

Climb On!

Climb On!
Dallin top roping