Thursday, August 14, 2008

Super Angie...doe, a deer, a female deer


Dallin is enjoying his Miner's camp at the Breckenridge Rec Center. He has visited two mines, a museum and an old train, as well as done some nice crafts. While he is there, I put the other two kids in daycare and have a wonderful work out. I enjoy using all the different machines and have taken quite a liking to the rowing machine. :)
Tonight, I was feeling bored with the dinner choices in the house, so we went to Village Inn. The kids ate Chocolate Chip pancakes and I enjoyed French toast of course. Afterwards, Brennan fell asleep before we got out of the parking lot, so I decided to explore a road in Keystone I hadn't been far on. Montezuma Road.

We drove along a beautiful river, some camp sites, some HUGE houses (some are for sale) and lots of beautiful pines. As we climbed higher and higher, it looked more and more like the Cascades of Washington. Stunningly gorgeous.

As we came around a bend, I saw a trailhead parking area with some deer in it, so I pulled in so the kids could see. There was one buck with new little antlers (velvety sweet) and a doe. Tanith enjoyed screaming and waving at them, Brennan still slept, and Dallin was pleased that he saw a buck.  We left and continued up the road. I was wondering how far this road would go and thought about turning around in a driveway with a bear proof garbage can, but Dallin cheered me on and we continued.

I'm so happy we did, because right around the bend was an old gem of a town called Montezuma. There was an old sign hung above the road. Speaking of the road, as soon as we went under the sign, the road became an old dirt road. Suddenly old cabins were everywhere (along with some newer ones). We saw an old school (dating back to 1880). It was so neat. 

We continued up the road and found an old mine. So cool for my little miner (Dallin).

As we drove home, we saw three deer back in the trail head parking lot. We pulled in. One was a buck with a nice rack!!! It was so awesome to see a buck with antlers. Amazing. :) Then another doe came and then a mother and baby!!! 6 total. It was great!

What a fun evening and a great week. 
--Super Angie

1 comment:

Super Angie's MOM said...

WOW what an adventure. Poor Brennan slept through it all. You will have to take Rick and explore the town. I am sure you can find that sort of thing on many off track roads.

On Belay

On Belay
Brennan Top Roping

Climb On!

Climb On!
Dallin top roping