Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Super Angie...Mein Vater War Ein Wandermann...

"My father was a hiker"...and so are we! 

This morning, the kids and I got up early to go hike the Continental Divide at Loveland Pass. We were so high that we were above tree line. It was very windy, but we had a great time. I wore Tan in the Kelty backpack...double the workout!

You can barely see the road and the parking lot. We went SO FAR!
Tanith didn't really like the wind, but she was a trooper too.
A very cold Brennan wearing my gloves, and his Penguin hat. But he loved every second and actually wanted to hike further!
Great little hikers!
  NOTE the elevation on the sign... 11,990! And thats just in the parking lot...
we went UP UP UP...probably 12,250 or so. :)

can't wait for the next hike--super Angie

5 comments:

Charles Miske said...

If that's the trail to the South it goes over a few 13'ers on its way to Torrey's. Good job.

Tiff said...

Wow. I can't believe its still that cold in the summer. But it is very high!

We would love to come to Keystone, but, Gas prices right now!!! Ugggg scary! Tyler and I are starting a new business venture and if that takes off money will not be as tight! Then we will definitely come on out :) Or we can have a girls weekend. Aspen would probably have to join us since I am still nursing, but she is so easy!

Super Angie Супер Энджи said...

Sounds good! I know Rick would enjoy having a hiking partner and we could take the Outlet mall by storm--I did today and bought soooo many cute clothes for Tanith. YIKES!
BTW...Dallin is horribly confused by Olympic Tennis scores..I may have to have you teach him!

Tiff said...

I would love to teach him tennis scores!

love = 0
15 = 1 point
30 = 2 points
40 or deuce = 3 points

To win 1 game you have to win 4 points. To win a set you have to win 6 games and to win the whole match you typically have to win 2 out of 3 sets or 3 out of 5 sets!

There is a crash course if it makes any sense at all :)

Tyler and I just went and took a tour of momentum! Incredible. Can't wait for the day that we can get a family membership!!!

Super Angie's MOM said...

This hike sounds painful at that altitude. Good Job everyone...

On Belay

On Belay
Brennan Top Roping

Climb On!

Climb On!
Dallin top roping