Saturday, August 30, 2008

Super Angie...The Alps



Tonight Rick and I went on a date to see the IMAX, "The Alps". It was FABULOUS! It really got us in the mood for Ice Climbing Season. I really want to be stronger this year. I plan on working hard on stamina and strength as well as I want to do some cool bouldery types of moves. 
I got a lot of inspiration from Joe Kinder's blog as well...he is busy climbing with some of the best climbers in the world (he is one of the best climbers as well) and he says it has really pushed his climbing. I need to start doing that.
 While we were in SLC, Rick and I ran into Amy Cockerham at a store. She is such an inspiration. She was recently featured in Climbing Magazine for doing some really hard routes (5.13d/5.14a) in American Fork Canyon--being the first female to do these routes.  Amy is such a nice, down to earth person, plus an awesome climber.
Okay, I seriously need to kick my butt into high gear. I want to be a strong ice climber this year. I want to loose some weight and get stronger. (Plus, if I loose the weight I want, then I get to buy more cool clothes when I go to China in December. YEA!)
I Can Do it!

--Super Angie...(this picture is from last season when I climbed in Ouray. This was an 80 feet route)

1 comment:

Tiff said...

Ice climbing still sounds so scary to me! But thats great that it motivates you to get into shape and that you have so much fun doing. Glad you and Rick got to go on a date to see The Alps!!

On Belay

On Belay
Brennan Top Roping

Climb On!

Climb On!
Dallin top roping