Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Super Angie...China 2009, Day 2 TERRA COTTA WARRIORS!!

















Walking into the Terra Cotta Warrior museum was amazing. Both my dad and I really were over whelmed with what we saw. We've seen the travel shows. We've seen the pictures, but nothing can prepare you for actually seeing it in real life.

It was so amazing to see these warriors that are from 200 BC! Each warrior is different and unique. We "met" the farmer who discovered them, saw a neat film about their history, but the most exciting part was simply walking around the dig pits and seeing them. It was fasinating to see the areas that are currently being worked on right now. It was neat to see the broken ones being made whole again. I was really drawn to the figures that were still partially buried. Seeing just an arm, or just the horse's behind sticking out of the dirt was neat.

I'm so thrilled I visited one of the wonders of the world, and a NESCO world Heritage site.

My advice...go to Xian and see them!!!!

4 comments:

Charles Miske said...

I wonder if they ever really worked.

Otter Mum's Den said...

That looks awesome!

Me! said...

China fascinates me. I hope you enjoyed ur trip!

JAnderegg said...

Isn't it incredible!

On Belay

On Belay
Brennan Top Roping

Climb On!

Climb On!
Dallin top roping