Thursday, November 12, 2009

Super Angie..China 2009 PEACE












Since falling in love with Japanese culture a few years ago, I have picked up the tradition of giving a peace sign when I have my picture taken. Of course, this trip to China was no different.

But one thing that was different was something I realized...giving a peace sign is a universal friendly sign that is understood by most (or all).

While riding in the tour bus, being stuck in awful traffic, I would often wave to the other drives. A smile and a peace sign...thats all. And to my surprise, they would instantly smile and return the wave and the peace sign.


While on Tiananmen Square, in the freezing rain, I noticed two young ladies watching our tour group, so I smiles, raised those two fingers and immediatly, the girls raised theirs too and then they walked away.

I have really grown to love the Chinese people. Sure we have some cultural differences, but deep down inside, we are all the same...

Peace...

4 comments:

Charles Miske said...

people are people so why should it be?

Otter Mum's Den said...

Wondering... way down the line, when your great great great grandkids dig up your photos... if they will get what that peace sign was, or if they'll think you had some weird hand disease that kept your fingers like that... LOL!

amy said...

Looks like you had an amazing time! Those are awesome pictures! By the way I love your hair, Super Cute!

JAnderegg said...

I love the people, too. You can't help it!

On Belay

On Belay
Brennan Top Roping

Climb On!

Climb On!
Dallin top roping