Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Super Angie...China 2009 Xian Day 1

After freshening up at the hotel, we took right off to visit our first site. Sadly, I have no clue what the museum was called, but a regional museum for things local to that providence. Since Xian used to be the capital of China, there were many special treasures from various Dynasties.


I fell in love with these triple glazed horses from the Tang Dynasty. Luckily, I found a reasonably priced replica later, so now I have my very own.
I found it so interesting that the Tang Dynasty had so many camel statues.
The grounds of the museum were very nice.

5 comments:

Charles Miske said...

I love contrast pics - like the historical building in front of the highrise construction

Stephanie said...

Hi Angie...The museum is the Provincial History Museum. It is 10 p.m. - just returned from Christmas Carol and Quinn and I are now watching our second show....your blog! Darling!!!

Stephanie said...

Angie...the name of the museum is the Provincial History Museum. We just returned from the movie: The Christmas Carol (good but a little scary for the tots) and now Quinn and I are watching our second show...your blog! Darling!

Super Angie Супер Энджи said...

Thanks Stephanie! Miss you already!

JAnderegg said...

Cool museum....good find.

On Belay

On Belay
Brennan Top Roping

Climb On!

Climb On!
Dallin top roping