Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Super Angie...China 2009--on our own














My dad and I skipped out on the tour when they went to The Forbidden City because we have both been before and decided we would rather just be on our own. We LOVED it! We walked from the the Forbidden City to Silk Alley, and then took a taxi to Yashow where the bus would meet us in the evening. We walked about 2 miles to Silk Alley. We enjoyed a treat at Starbucks, hung out with friends at Silk Alley, bought new shoes and some gifts.

One funny thing that happened was when we were in the taxi going to Yashow. I asked my dad to take a picture of the CTV building because its so funky and cool. He didn't realize that I would be perfectly okay with him just taking it through the glass, so instead he rolled down the window and took the picture out the window. BUT the window wouldn't roll up. No matter what he did, it just kept rolling down! LOL So, we rode most of the way with the cold wind on us. It was funny. Our driver was very nice though and gave us a big smile at the end of the ride.

I love the magic and energy of a big city. I love being on my own and walking the streets. I love taking taxis and not being able to communicate with the driver. I had a really awesome day with my dad doing all these things!

2 comments:

Otter Mum's Den said...

Oh man! That happened to us when we borrowed a mustang back in college. No matter how we tried! Winter time in Pullman sure is cold!

JAnderegg said...

I loved the Taxi rides.....they are wild, crazy, and so much a part of the big cities.

On Belay

On Belay
Brennan Top Roping

Climb On!

Climb On!
Dallin top roping