Sunday, December 6, 2009

Super Angie...it came upon a midnight clear



Since Friday night kind of through us for a loop and our plans for Keystone went out the windows, we treated the kids to the lights at Thanksgiving Point. Many people think these drive through light displays are lame, but I like them. The comentary inside my car keeps us all laughing. Rick always makes off handed comments. Dallin and Brennan try to sneak in silly remarks. And Tanith screams when she sees something she likes. Meanwhile, I'm trying to get into the Christmas music playing, and before we know it, we have driven through the whole thing.

We have seen the soliders shooting the reindeer. We have seen the big brown bear waving. We saw the penquins sliding on the house tops and the elves shoots gifts outs of cannons. So many favorite comments are said year after year...its not a scared car ride, nor is it quiet and spiritual. Its completely crazy. I guess thats my destiny and thats my family, right?

Well, as we were leaving, we noticed there were two REAL reindeer in the main square area, so we parked and took the kids over to surprise them. It was REALLY cold. We weren't prepared to get out of the car. We ran, and huddled and cuddled. We oohed and awed and then ran back to the car.

Tanith and Brennan LOVED the reindeer. I'm sure Dallin did too, but he was lost in deep conversation with Rick...do I really want to know what they were talking about? Probably not! LOL

This is my family. They may not fit the perfect mold. We don't have the tidy house. We don't have the best dressed awards. And sometimes there are comments or jokes shared that others would freak out about...but thats us and I'm accepting it. I can't fit the mold of my perfect neighborhood or town. I can't fit the Martha Stewart world around me. But I fit my own mold and we are all happy.,...even with the giant waving Santa light display we all adore!

--Super Angie

2 comments:

Charles Miske said...

My favorite display was the reindeer pooping in the bucket. Blue poop.

With Dallin we were talking about someone who was poking his arm in to poke the live reindeer and we were wondering about the possibility of the reindeer ensnaring the arm in it's antlers and tearing it off.

JAnderegg said...

I love the reindeer. What a neat experience! I'm one of those ones who doesn't like to "drive" through the lights.....but we'll go down the street and watch our neighbors light show almost every night. I know, crazy!

On Belay

On Belay
Brennan Top Roping

Climb On!

Climb On!
Dallin top roping