Friday, December 18, 2009

Super Angie...its my birthday

its my birthday, so VOTE FOR ME! :)

I entered a contest for GOAL0. What Powers Me...I made a video showing my adventures and talking about why I do the things I do. It took me a very long time to figure out exactly why I do do the things I do. I don't feel "super" or "amazing" or "awesome". In fact, I feel quite bland and not so spectacular. There are so many people who do far more amazing things then I. There are more ladies out there that climb better. There are more ladies out there that have more confidence on ice then I do. There are more ladies out there that hike better and faster. I'm slow. I'm weak. I'm just me.

BUT, I try.

I try to do things I honestly don't think I can.

I start out on a hike hating it. I want to give up. It hurts. But after a while, I find myself singing and dancing and having fun. Then I get home and want to do it again.

I get scared.
I freak out
I panic
I cry. I cry A LOT!

But anyway....so I entered this contest and the winner gets two round trip tickets ANYWHERE in the world. Where would I go if I win? Probably Antartica or Mongolia. I don't know...would be awesome. Right now though, I'm in 3rd place. I doubt I'll win. I'm simply not popular and these types of competitions are like American Idol--its all popularity with a little bit of "talent" thrown in.

But I'm learning. And I'm realizing that I'm proud of myself. My family is proud of me. My kids and husband are proud of me. I'm doing great things. And I don't need to win a contest to know I'm a winner!


BUT...with all that said, if you want to vote for me and give me 5 stars, I won't object. AND if you want to encourage others to vote for me, I really wont' object!

CLICK HERE:


And then rate my video 5 stars and click favorites (you must sign into youtube first to do that).

Anyway, its my birthday today. 34 yrs old. :)

--Super Angie

5 comments:

Amy said...

Angie, I LOVED watching the video of you. HOnestly you are amazing, I am so proud of you!! I really hope you win, I have tried to vote and I'm not sure where you put the vote, please let me know so I can do it. You rock girl!

Charles Miske said...

I'm really proud of you and all you do and am glad you're with me.

Super Angie Супер Энджи said...

Amy, THANKS! :)

To vote you have to sign in to you tube (up in the top right corner). Then you watch my video and click "favorites" and you also rate it 5 stars.

Amy said...

Ok, figured it out, thanks! Oh I hope you win, how great for you guys! And hey, Happy Birthday yesterday, you definitely deserve to have a GREAT day!!

JAnderegg said...

Way to go, birthday girl. I hope you win!

On Belay

On Belay
Brennan Top Roping

Climb On!

Climb On!
Dallin top roping