Friday, March 18, 2011

Super Angie...my mom, my biggest supporter

I remember when I was 15, 16 maybe even 14...not sure of the exact age, My mom would drive me to Highland arena in Seattle to skate every Saturday morning. I took lessons with a coach there, Mary Lou. My mom would sit at the tables inside and watch me. She wouldn't read. She wouldn't talk to other people. She wasn't distracted-- she just watched me. Thumbs up and smiles.
When it was obvious that my $25 skates from the Sears catalog wouldn't cut it for me anymore, she bought me a pair of Reidells from the proshop. And she bought me a few skirts. Purple, gray and my favorite--black and white floral print. I had a purple and white striped sweatshirt I would usually wear, and purple turtle neck body suit.

After skating lessons (again, I only took once a week for 30 minutes) I would practice for the remainder of the public session and then we would go to Arbys on our way home. :)

During the Eulogy that my brother gave, he mentioned that from my mom's journals, she said, that as a child, she wanted to be an Actress, a Mother and an Ice skater.

Look at me!

1 comment:

Tiff said...

What a great and amazing mom! I hope I can always be there for my kids and just enjoy them! Sounds like you learned that from your mom.

On Belay

On Belay
Brennan Top Roping

Climb On!

Climb On!
Dallin top roping