Thursday, March 3, 2011

Super Angie...right track

My mom taught me from the time that I was a small girl, to love myself for who I am. Its okay to be labeled "the weird girl" because I wasn't really weird--they just didn't know who I was. I shouldn't worry what people think of me, because most people are too busy worrying about themselves to worry about me. She let me express who I wanted to be, but at the same time, encouraged me to not be too out there. This was a fine line to walk and she did it so well. She raised me to be modest and care about those things. She loved me so un-conditionally, that I in-turn, learned to love myself, no matter what. Because of her, I have this self confidence that allows me to go out and do things that a lot of people are too shy to do. Being the mascot in H.S. is an example...I got teased a lot but I was taught to believe in myself and love ME. She also encouraged me to sing: in H.S. she volunteered me to sing in a bunch of ward activities. This experience gave me the confidence to be the singer that I am today. She was my biggest cheerleader-- she proudly introduced me to all her friends. She bragged about my different talents to everyone- my daughter sings. my daughter has the lead in this show. my daughter directed this musical. my daughter is the mascot. my daughter is skating next. my daughter climbs mountains. my daughter rock climbs. I always knew my mom was proud of me, and I know that she is STILL proud of me and looking down from heaven, smiling.

Mom, I dedicate this new Lady Gaga song to you.
BORN THIS WAY! Here are some of the lyrics!

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
My mama told me when I was young
We're all born superstars

"There's nothin' wrong with lovin' who you are"
She said, "'Cause He made you perfect, babe"
"So hold your head up, girl and you you'll go far,
Listen to me when I say"

I'm beautiful in my way,
'Cause God makes no mistakes
I'm on the right track, baby
I was born this way

Don't hide yourself in regret,
Just love yourself and you're set
I'm on the right track, baby
I was born this way


Whether life's disabilities
Left you outcast, bullied or teased
Rejoice and love yourself today
'Cause baby, you were born this way

No comments:

On Belay

On Belay
Brennan Top Roping

Climb On!

Climb On!
Dallin top roping