Thursday, October 8, 2009

Super Angie...a surprise outting

After running a bunch of errands this morning, I decided to do something different. I took Brennan and Tanith to a new park we had never been to.
WHAT AN AWESOME TIME WE HAD!!
When the kids saw the park, they couldn't wait to get out of the car and run for it.
Tanith running down the steps to the park.
Pure park happiness! This park seriously rocks. Its had so many slides, I didn't both counting, two rock walls, numerous bridges and ladders and...well, it was just awesome.

Of course Brennan found all the ways to climb on the outside of this set, and go very very high!
Mr. Smiles
Miss Smiles
Did I mention that this park has a great view of the Mt. Timp Temple?
My sweet little girl!

Climbing boy!
Tani found this little seat. She thought it was perfect for her. I agree!
Brennan on the third level
Heres a good shot of most of the three level tall playset.
It was so refreshing to be outside. It was crisp and cold and just beautiful. I loved all the tiny birds singing in the trees.
Ever the big brother, Brennan helped Tanith climb down this very steep ladder.

Brennan and Tan had fun talking through the pipes. They played really well together at this park. It was at this point that they started playing Hunting--chasing after imaginary deer.
So many fun places to climb and explore at this park. Tan LOVED it!
Brennan is fearless, and the higher and harder the climb, the better.

I took this picture because Tanith was being so brave. She was quite high off the ground and I thought for sure she would climb all the way to the top, but as soon as took this shot, she asked me to get her down.
Although there were signs asking folks to stay off this rock hill, I didn't care and just let my kids start trecking up it. They were still hunting and I think at this point they were running up the hill to go kill wolves!
This park is awesome because it has a bunch of little covered picnic areas, so we wandered around finding them, and to our surprise, the one set highest on the hillside had this swing in it.
After hunting for wolves, we went for a walk around the park and found the swings.

Brennan started teaching Tanith to pump her legs, but I still gave lots of pushes. They both said I was an evil wolf trying to get them!
Brennan asked to have his picture taken with the temple behind him. He is so sweet and sensitive about temples.
My little smiley girl!

What a great time we had on this surprise outting to the park. I am now hooked and can't wait to go back again and again. This park ROCKS!

--Super Angie

4 comments:

Charles Miske said...

glad you guys had so much fun

Otter Mum's Den said...

Now pray tell, Big Bad Wolf who is trying to get her children to eat them, where is this wondrous park? I can tell from your pictures that my twins would absolutely love to play there when we come down to Utah, assuming it is not buried in snow by then.

Lori Willard said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
JAnderegg said...

I love days like that!

On Belay

On Belay
Brennan Top Roping

Climb On!

Climb On!
Dallin top roping