Friday, October 30, 2009

Super Angie...soaring high, all alone




This morning, I woke up bright and early to workout downstairs, and instead went to the rink to take in an early morning freestyle session. Yesterday I had a lesson and we started working on my program. I felt more alive then ever. Skating to music, being expressive, dancing on ice...it was heaven. I have been "hyper" ever since yesterday morning--so excited about my music and costume and...well, skating has been on my mind. So to get to skate this morning, well, it was just fantastic.

I showed up at the rink at 6:25am and found I was the ONLY one there! It was so empty that the gate to the rink hadn't even been opened yet. I made the first marks on the freshly cleaned ice. HEAVEN!

I soared as I glided, stroke, spun and jumped around the ice. I landed all my jumps, and landed them well. I got out of breathe from skating too hard and fast. My nose ran, my heart skipped a beat. I had total control of the CD player, and practiced the first bit of my program a few times. I did tricks, and spins. I did my first combination jump in years--salchow-toe loop.

I did my special "trick" move--hydroblading (picture above). Felt great (although the front desk guy really had no clue how to take a good picture--DUH! I video taped myself doing a jump--sorry for the long nothing at the begining--had to push record and then go skate! LOL--and then the jump isn't even all that great, but oh well...I had a blast, and I'm doing it!!

--Super Angie

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I LOVE THE VIDEO. MORE VIDEO!

Isn't nice to have the room and space to be all *you* for a little while?

Glad you got some of that. - *hugs*

JAnderegg said...

Great job! I am motivated by your determination.

Ali and Ty said...

I had the ice to myself this morning too AMAZING

you're awesome! and i'm so glad you're home!

On Belay

On Belay
Brennan Top Roping

Climb On!

Climb On!
Dallin top roping