Sunday, October 25, 2009

Super Angie...what powers me

Dreams are not made to put us to sleep,
but to awaken us!
I'm a normal girl--insecure about some things, full of confidence in others. I have kids, I have a husband, I have laundry to fold and dishes to do. I laugh, sing, dance, and act silly. I cry. I'm a normal, every day girl. But I refuse to let these "normal" things hold me back from doing something powerful. Why should I be satisfied with just sitting at home?

I climb rocks. I climb Ice. I climb mountains.

What powers me is simple and one of my mountaineering heros, Ed Viesturs, said it the best, "I can say now--out loud, without hesitation--something that sadly, all too few men and woman can ever say; I have lived my dream."

What powers me is not letting my dreams only happen when my eyes are closed and my head is on my pillow.

I don't want to grow old and say, "if only I had"....so, instead, I'm saying, "lets go and do it now!"

--Super Angie




5 comments:

Charles Miske said...

awesome

Wendi said...

Rock on, girl. Love it.

Otter Mum's Den said...

That is exactly what makes you super!

Amy said...

LOVE this Angie. You really are such an inspiration in SOOOO many ways. Thanks for your example!

JAnderegg said...

Love it! You are incredible!

On Belay

On Belay
Brennan Top Roping

Climb On!

Climb On!
Dallin top roping