Friday, October 16, 2009

Super Angie...being lost

For our second day of Fall Break, we went to the corn maze at Thanksgiving Point.
We had such a stress free and fun time at the begining. We enjoyed all the sights and the boys even went, all by their selves, into the big haunted monster. We had a blast.
We rode the cow train...Tan sat in my lap.

They played on the big wooden train....
AND THEN....
We went through the cornmaze... I hate cornmazes!

It was not the most enjoyable experience. Maybe its fun for teens, but for a mom with three kids and the hot sun...it was just not that much fun.
So, we snuck our way through it (we cheated!!) and went and had lunch.

And then we went and played some more.
All the kids LOVED the duck races....
especially Tan.
Oh...if I had known that what this sign was to fore tell...I would have just left right then!
So, after all the fun things, the boys wanted to go to the big bouncy area. So, I told them to go ahead, as I followed slowly with Tanith. After a few minutes, Dallin ran back to grab Tan. So he took her over and got her bouncing...and boy, did she bounce!
They were having a great time together. I tried finding Brennan, but couldn't find him. I thought it was just because there were so many kids bouncing.

Suddenly, Dallin ran to me and said, "Brennan's not over there bouncing!" and we looked and saw he had taken his shoes.

HE WAS GONE!

So, I started looking. I talked to moms, I looked at the slides. I looked at the picnic area. I looked at the mine area...I looked and looked. I was freaking out. WHERE IS BRENNAN!?

I found an employee and asked her if she had seen him. She said she would make an announcement. So, I went back to Dallin and Tanith and we waited. I called Rick...I was FREAKING OUT on the phone. Totally scared. Crying. Shaking...

Then suddenly, a lady brought Brennan over to me.

OH MY GOSH! We just hugged and hugged.

Turns out, he never knew that I had actually come over to the bouncy area, so he had gone to find me. A lady heard the announcement about a missing boy, and saw Brennan and that he matched the description, she asked him, "are you lost" and then took him to an employee who brought him to me.

I'm still shaking and freaked out over it.

Its really sad, because we were having such a stressfree time there.

I sure do love my kids.
--Super Angie

3 comments:

Charles Miske said...

Poor Bren!

Tan sure looks cute - that hot dog looks bigger than she is.

Otter Mum's Den said...

I once lost Jared at Riverfront Park in Spokane at night on the 4th of July after the fireworks. It was like looking for a needle in a haystack in the huge crowd that had turned out. He was two at the time, for the proximity of the Spokane river and its dangerous waters and waterfall was on everyone's mind as we cried and searched for him. It turned out that he had gone to a honeybucket without telling anyone and when he came out, we weren't there anymore. A classical case of me thinking Dave had him and him thinking I had him with me. It is so SCARY when you lose a kid!!! Glad you found him and all was OK.

Otter Mum's Den said...

I once lost Jared at Riverfront Park in Spokane at night on the 4th of July after the fireworks. It was like looking for a needle in a haystack in the huge crowd that had turned out. He was two at the time, for the proximity of the Spokane river and its dangerous waters and waterfall was on everyone's mind as we cried and searched for him. It turned out that he had gone to a honeybucket without telling anyone and when he came out, we weren't there anymore. A classical case of me thinking Dave had him and him thinking I had him with me. It is so SCARY when you lose a kid!!! Glad you found him and all was OK.

On Belay

On Belay
Brennan Top Roping

Climb On!

Climb On!
Dallin top roping