Monday, October 5, 2009

Super Angie...gifts, gifts and MORE gifts

Right after school we had Brennan's Sponge Bob party.
We started with the kids being under the sea, coloring their BOOTY BAGS (treasure sacks that they would get gifts from the treasure chest in). Everyone got a pirate eye patch or a hula lai to wear.

Then we headed to the back yard. Comcast was so nice that day to dig my front yard out, so the party was moved suddenly to the backyard. It worked out okay though.


The kids had a blast playing Freeze Dance. I put on the Sponge Bob music CD and just let the kids go crazy. Don't worry--no one got hurt by Brennan swinging around that stick!
Then it was cake time. But Brennan's friend Nathan kept blowing out the candle first!
Everyone got a yellow cupcake. It would have been fun to have made a spongebob cake, but I wanted to have no forks and just easy clean up, so cupcakes it was.
I think the Bow and Arrow was his favorite gift!





gifts Gifts and MORE GIFTS! This kid was loaded up and I didn't even post all the pictures. I was impressed with how generous all his friends were in their gift giving, and also how creative their gifts were.

This was a fantastic, stress free and FUN birthday party. All the kids had fun, although they all wanted more cupcakes--not to self, next year, have something else for the kids to eat too. I was so proud of myself for not freaking out and not getting sick before hand. It was actually very organized and relaxed. :)

--Super Angie

4 comments:

Charles Miske said...

Bren was so cool this year - said it was his favorite birthday ever.

Otter Mum's Den said...

Kudos for not freaking out or getting sick. I sometimes get that way before birthday celebrations. Just ask Dave about my freak out before Michelle's Twilight party when I realized I had no candles for the cake and had to run to the store for them! He's still laughing about that!

Super Angie's MOM said...

love the costume, and the grin

JAnderegg said...

Nathan had so much fun! Happy Bday Brennan!

On Belay

On Belay
Brennan Top Roping

Climb On!

Climb On!
Dallin top roping