Monday, November 19, 2007

Super Angie...Happy Thanksgiving..Monday










Today we are celebrating Thanksgiving. The Turkey is in the oven, the pumpkin pie (store bought) is in the fridge and the outlet shopping has been done! lol

This morning, Rick took off to go climb (see his blog) and the kids and I walked to Lake Keystone to feed the fish. Everyone had a great time. The weather was perfect--well, perfect for this type of activity, but not perfect for a ski resort that wants to have more runs open in time for Thanksgiving! Anyway, after the fish and quick purchase for Tyler, Andy and Kaylee at the gift store, we went to the playground. Tan really enjoyed swinging in the babyswing and hitting Dallin with her feet when he stood infront of her. She also thought it was quite funny to see Mommy swinging next to her. The boys had fun swinging, sliding and running around.

After lunch and decorating gingerbread cookies (store bought kit), we headed out to Antlers. Antlers is our favorite store in probably all of Summit county. Its located in Frisco, so maybe 10 minutes away. Antlers always carries the best brands for outdoor activities--so of course right now its full of Marmot, NILS, Salomon, Spyder, Northface, Burton, Roxy and Obermeyer. Talk about cute stuff. They also have the best selection of UGG boots I have ever seen. Rick and I tried on lots of coats (but realized we can get them cheaper online! lol) and the boys tried on lots of hats. Brennan LOVES to try on girly snow hats. He so badly wants me to buy him every single pink flowered hat he sees (like the one pictured above from REI). I do admit they look darling on him, but I won't buy him one. Sorry.

Dallin on the other hand has this thing for CROCS. He just loves them and he found a pair of turquise ones at Antlers and since they fit, and since he was good, we bought them for him.

Then it was on to the outlet stores. I ran into CARTERS to buy some size 12 month onesies. Poor Tan is all out, so I picked her up some adorable pink and brown ones. I also got Dallin some new pants (since the ones we brought here are all FLOOD PANTS) and then I got Tan some cute stuff. CUTE STUFF!!!!

Then Rick wanted to go into a sweet sports store called PURE, so I took the kids to play on some rocks. Then it was time to go to Target to get an extension cord for my garland on the balcony, plus swim diapers for Tan and a few other goodies like Hello Kitty plates and napkins for Tan's birthday party.

Now we are home. Rick has taken the kids swimming. I am trying to ignore Tan's crying. She needs a NAP! In a bit we will enjoy our early Thanksgiving Feast, make some Thanksgiving Crafts and enjoy the sounds and sites of a crackling fire.

TEN THINGS I'M THANKFUL FOR (in no particular order):
1. The Gospel of Jesus Christ and my membership in his church
2. Family and Friends and loved ones..
3. Being an American--having so many freedoms. I realized how grateful I am for Religious freedom when I went to church in China.
4. Snow and Winter and Ice...these things just make me soooo happy
5. Having a getaway in Keystone...this place just brings me peace and gets me away from stress and rush rush rush.
6. All the travel opportunities I have had in my short life thus far. I am well aware of how lucky and blessed I have been to have gone so many places. I hope I can continue to travel for it truely brings me joy to see new places and meet new people. (pictured: Freiberg, East Germany temple...went there in the late 90s)
7. Service. I love how I feel when I do service.
8. Rock Climbing...it brings Rick and I together and its great for our kids too.
9. Babysitters!!! So thankful for Whitney and Tiff.
10. Twinkle lights, Christmas trees and decorations and Christmas music--all things Christmas!

What are 3 things YOU are thankful for?

--Super Angie

2 comments:

Whitney said...

It sounds like you all are having a great time. Yay for turkey today! I really liked your list of 10 things you are grateful for, I am going to have to do that. Have a great dinner. :)

Tiff said...

Wow it is beautiful there! And lots of shopping. How fun!!! Glad you guys are having blast. You guys do so many fun things with your kids! And you are making me hungry to talk about all that food. I have to wait until thur!

On Belay

On Belay
Brennan Top Roping

Climb On!

Climb On!
Dallin top roping