Saturday, November 3, 2007

Super Angie...Super Big Horn Sheep

We picked up Rick this morning in Denver. It took 1 1/2 hours exactly to get from Keystone to the Airport. We left in the dark at 7am. A really pretty drive. I did pass a hillarious sign though, " Warning! Bright Sunshine Ahead!" I started laughing until I came around a bend and BOOM!, the rising sun hit me hard! I could only see a tiny bit of the lines of the road. I couldn't see other cars. I couldn't see the mountains. I couldn't see if a deer decided it was time to cross the road. MAN. That sign was right.

After getting Rick, we drove to Bass Pro Outlets. Its like a Cabella's but I think bigger and better. More animals. The kids had a great time. For lunch we went to Hard Rock Cafe. I am a Hard Rock junkie. I even have an All Acess card. :) I have been to, eaten at, drove by or shopped at the following cafes: Denver, Hollywood FL, Houston, Key West, Las Vegas, New York, Phoenix, Sacramento, Salt Lake City, San Fransisco, Vancouver BC Canada (no longer there. :( ), Melbourne Australia, Sydney Australia, Berlin Germany, Copenhagen (accidently parked infront of it without realizing it! LOL), Moscow Russia, Munich Germany, Beijing China, Tokyo- Roppongi Japan, Tokyo-Uyeno-Eki Japan. Phew! 20 cafes visited world wide. :)

After lunch, we ran over to REI...its the biggest one I have ever been in...even bigger then down town Seattle. Its in a very old building--maybe a factory or a trolley house or something. After that, we went to costco and stocked up on the basics for the condo.

While driving home, we passed a sign that indicated there are a lot of big horn sheep in the area and a viewing spot was coming up. Suddenly, I saw about 6 cars pulled over upahead, and it dawned on me--BIG HORN SHEEP! So I pulled over and we all jumped out. I will post pictures when I get back to Utah, but we were so close...less then 50 yards. There were sooooo many!!! This is the closet we have been. The head male of the group was fun to watch. He would herd the group around, keeping the safe, and in check. They were just non-stop eating. Most didn't care that we were parked there and that the kids were waving and cheering (although Rick did remind them several times not to herass the wild life).

Its so awesome that we live in Utah and now Colorado and we have so many opportunities to see wild life. The Lord sure did make beautiful creators. :)

Super Angie

2 comments:

Tiff said...

Wow what great places to go shopping. Sounds like Colorado is incrediable. I have been a few times and it is beautiful! When do you guys get back??? I would love to go climbing with you guys!!! We are free this weekend. Just let me know if you want to go!!

Whitney said...

Angie! I have a blog, go check it out when you get a moment. whitneyandkyle.blogspot.com
I am so happy for you guys that you were able to get the condo. I am glad you all had a good time, it sounds amazing. I miss you kids and hope to see you all soon.

On Belay

On Belay
Brennan Top Roping

Climb On!

Climb On!
Dallin top roping