Monday, December 10, 2007

Super Angie...Christmas foods and traditions...


As Christmas is approaching, it got me started thinking about eating yummy Christmas food. This year, we are spending Christmas in Keystone and we are taking Tiff and Tyler with for the first few days of our trip. YEA! So fun. Can't wait! I plan on making Kase Spetzle while they are there with us and honestly, there will probably be left overs since I make a large batch, so thats what we will eat on Christmas eve. I know no one in my family will complain!

Waibel Traditions: Growing up, we would travel to Sacramento--Christmas eve with Aunt Ursula and Uncle Frank (my dad's sister). Christmas morning with my grandpa and grandma (my mom's parents). Christmas day with Uncle Ed (my mom's brother) and then down to my Oma's house for a few days. I loved all these traditions, and I am honestly sad that we no longer do these things...people have died, moved, or grown apart. Cousins are all now older, with families of their own. I do remember fondly though, sitting on Aunt Ursula's couch with my cousins, hanging spoons from our noses. :) Oma's house was always fun...a closet filled with special toys and puzzels for us kids to play with. Plates of Lebkuchen were always a favorite (German cookies). Interesting paintings and posters from Germany. Music boxes on display. There were also music boxes at my Grandma's house too. And gum in the end kitchen drawer. Swinging on the swing set out back and riding on the giant Tricycle. Of course, the big wooden swing was a favorite on the front porch.

This year we are sure to make new traditions as we spend the first of many Christmases in Keystone. We have decided to decorate our tree there with cookies...so I know that will be something we will do the first few days we are there.

So, as Christmas approaches...tell me about some of your traditions...or favorite memories.

--Super Angie...ahh...Lebkuchen! Lecker!

3 comments:

Whitney said...

Is it bad that I just felt jealousy knowing you are taking Tiff instead of me? hehe I hope you guys have fun. It is always exciting to start new traditions, and I like the idea of decorating your tree with cookies. Well, off to papers I go!

Tiff said...

Wow what wonderful memories you have!!! That will be great for your kids to have all these Keystone memories. My favorite Christmas was the year we went up to our cabin in Sundance and spent 2 weeks there. Tons of my cousins were there and we played. The nice thing about cabins is that there is no real time. You just play and sleep whenever you want. We had no schedules. The parents loved it to becuase we were so entertained. Tyler and I are so excited for Keystone. Tyler has already started packing all the things he will need for the hike!!! And I can't wait to relax and chat with you and play with the kids!!!!

Super Angie Супер Энджи said...

Don't be jealous Whit...you will come with us sometime too. :)

On Belay

On Belay
Brennan Top Roping

Climb On!

Climb On!
Dallin top roping