Sunday, December 23, 2007

Super Angie...toe-pick!


Tonight I went figure skating on Keystone Lake at Keystone Village. I have only skated outside a few times and have never skated on a lake. This lake is maintained by a zamboni, so much off the ice was actually very smooth and felt like any indoor rink. There was a fresh dusting of snow on the ice, which was fun to skate through--my blades didn't even get wet, which was a new experience for me.

I was able to land all my single jumps (waltz-lutz--I don't do axels) and do scratch, sit and camel spins. I actually did 3 revolutions on my camel, which is quite amazing considering I haven't skated in 6 months and have never skated at 9,000 plus feet! I also got quite a bit of on lookers watching me when I hydrobladed.

The sky was beautiful with a bright full moon. There is a giant Christmas tree in the middle of the ice and many Christmas lights on surrounding buildings.

I plan on skating every day from now on. So much fun! Rick took this photo to inspire me to go skating tonight. Thanks Hon!

--Super Angie

No comments:

On Belay

On Belay
Brennan Top Roping

Climb On!

Climb On!
Dallin top roping