Monday, December 8, 2008

Super Angie..CHINA Day 4...not very summer like

Super Angie...day 4, not very summer like

Again it was a very cold day as we made our way to the Summer Palace--which in this weather has very little to do with summer time. The breeze off the lake just added to the misery. Luckily I remembered the hot chocolate stand from last year and that greatly helped Dallin and I warm up.

Brad and one of the other men was able to score some great prices on Rolexs and Gucci watches--you know, $2 each! So, MERRY CHRISTMAS Friends and Family! I knew you always wanted to live the high life. Too bad one of the gucci watches says a different brand on the actual face of the watch! LOL Must be poor quality ontrol at that factory. :)

On this trip to the summer palace, we did way more things then last time. It was interesting to see all the different buildings. We went into a gallery there that was selling local art. I couldn't resist the $45 price tag for this beautiful oil painting of The Tiger Boy--which comes from Northern China. Very traditional dress on this little boy. I fell in love instantly. A lot of people bought other beautiful works of art as well.

Next we went to the Pearl Factory. Last year we skipped this place because Alicia had good pearl contacts at Silk Alley. It was interesting to see the oysters they had there and to see how many pearls were actually inside the one she opened. They come from the lake at the Summer Palace.

After that, we were grateful to go to lunch where I told stories about Silk Alley and everyone got REALLY excited. We were full of energy when we got there and everyone took off running. First stop--the awful bathrooms! YUCK!!!! Then to buy purses. I found some Juciy Couture I wanted, but while buying them (or bartering the price), Dallin's spacer fell out of his mouth. HE FREAKED OUT! He was crying and shaking and almost turning white like he would pass out. It took quite a while to get him settled. Of course, all the chinese ladies took a liking to the poor kid. Everywhere we walked, people were saying, "Hey Cut Boy!" and things like that. It bugged him, but I think it might have gotten me a better deal on a few items I bought.

I went upstairs and instantly Sally recognized me! I was very surprised. I showed her pictures from last year and she died laughing. Then I found Lisa, who's hair had grown out. She remembered me too and actually recognized that I have lost weight. WHOA! They all remembered the pearls I had bought them and Lisa gave me a beautiful bag as a gift. I also saw Amy, who freaked out upon seeing me. All three loved Dallin and I showed them the family pic I brought. I could tell how special they thought it was that Dallin has a brother and a sister...everyone kept saying, "You are so lucky you can have more then one child". You know, I hadn't thought of it from a mom's point of view. A few other vendors I talked to had pictures of their baby with them...it was fun talking "mom to mom" with these ladies.


I found some gifts for family members there.

After Silk Alley, we went to Yashow market. Jordan, Dallin and I set off to find some good deals. I got more Christmas gifts and we just had a good time. Jordan and I found these sweatshirt coats we wanted that said CHINA on them--written in their language though. They were very cool. They wanted a lot of money. Finally after walking away twice (actually leaving the area and going up the escalators) they agreed on the price we wanted--$20 each, but then they didn't have the right size~! Oh well!!

We finished the day by going to McDonalds. Phew!

No comments:

On Belay

On Belay
Brennan Top Roping

Climb On!

Climb On!
Dallin top roping