Monday, December 8, 2008

Super Angie...CHINA day 5..everybody was Kungfu fighting

Super Angie...day 5..Everybody was Kung fu fighting...

This morning, I got some money out of the ATM--well, sort of! The keypad is flipped from ours, so 1,2,3 is on the bottom instead of the top. I typed in my pin, without looking at the pinpad, and after 5 failed atempts, it would not allow me to try again. At that time, I noticed that I had been typing in my pin upside down, but it was too late. Luckily, another lady loaned me some money. Why did I need more money? Two Words..SILK ALLEY!

We started our day out at Tianiamen Square. It wasn't as cold today--YEA! Maybe in the upper 30s! We enjoyed our walk, but truthfully, I was so tired, that I did not take many pictures nor did I pay much attention to what our guide was saying. It was fun to just walk with friends and chit chat about things. Jordan and I bought Chinese Flags and I bought a christmas gift from a street vendor. We had a wonderful group pic taken infront of the Forbidden City. Later, David gave us this picture for free! He said , with tears in his eyes, that this is the best tour he has ever had! We love our David!

After the forbidden city, we went to Silk Alley and had too much fun. Pat, Sheryl, Dallin and I ate pizza for lunch (I LOVE these ladies!!!) and then Ashley and I went to try on jeans. OH MY GOSH! I am thrilled with the jeans I found. I can't wait to pick a pair to wear tomorrow. :) As I was trying them all on, everyone would walk by and say "SEXY BUTT". Is that my new name? lol

Kelly and Celest were so fun to see in the markets...Celest is just like me--lots of purses and Kelly was so gracious to take Dallin the the bathroom. He is just the nicest guy and I'm so happy we met them. Luckily, they live in Idaho Falls, so not too far away and we look forward to going to visit them.

I got Dallin some ice cream and we chatted with some store ladies and then Pat, Sheryl and I went up to Sammy and Lilly's pearl stall...Sammy was there and she remembered me! :) :) :) She gave us great deals and the ladies got some wonderful things. I got some necklaces for a buck each! OH YEAH! And Sammy then gave us each a pair of pearl earrings for free!! SHE ROCKS! I'm gonna go back there later to pick up some custom stuff she making. I am set for Christmas gifts! :)

Next we went to Pearl Market. Both Silk Alley and Pearl Market have very little to do with the name of the markets. This time, Jordan, Dallin and I went shopping and just had a blast yapping at all the vendors, talking nonsense and just laughing way too much. More Christmas presents were bought, as well as two paintings I have been looking for. YEA!

The tour bus left Dallin and I there. We were to meet David's friend Ivy at 6:30. She would take us to the Kungfu show. We went to KFC and enjoyed dinner and then Ivy came and took us to the show. We stopped at a grocery store and it was so informative to have Ivy show us around at all the different things they eat. I really enjoyed learning from a local and Dallin did too. Ivy actually wants Dallin to just stay in Beijing. He could clean and she could cook him meals. :) Too cute and funny.

The show was FABULOUS! Absolutly one of the best shows i have ever seen. I bought the DVD and can't wait to watch it at home with my family.

This was such a great day, but very very long. I'm ready to hit the sack.

1 comment:

JAnderegg said...

Kungfu show? Wow, how cool. That would be very interesting to see! It's fun to read all about your experiences....I didn't like Beijing near as much as the other cities...I'll have to spend more time there next time.

On Belay

On Belay
Brennan Top Roping

Climb On!

Climb On!
Dallin top roping