Friday, December 19, 2008

Super Angie...friends, family and good times

Tanith playing on daddy's legs...she was totally wired from all the sugar.
Me and my sweetie!
ICE CREAM! Dallin loved having cake and ice cream.
My honey helped me cut the bottom layer...thanks sweetie!
Danielle (from the cafe) and I...luv this girl!
My homegirl Julie (joke from the night--50 cent!)
Heres Nate...he is the same Nate that Rick and I went dry tooling with. He is such a good guy and we can't till our schedules match so we can go climb some ice!!! (Yea for the cold weather!)
Brennan...he loved the ice cream, but we think he is allergic because he had the same couging fits after consuming a bunch that Rick gets when he eats too much of the premium stuff with lots of fat in it.
Me and my front desk girls!
Mindy! Notice her stylin Rock-A-Doodle hair...she is so brave to do creative things with her hair. LOVE IT!
Chad... he is a friend of Danielle's and he was interested and not shy in asking for some cake. He loved it!
Shay and me...THUMBS UP for the cake!

The big storm today scared a lot of people into not coming to the climbing gym tonight to my party... the afternoon commute was bad, but by 5:30, the freeway was clear sailing--slow (35mph) but clear. Southbound from SLC to Utah County was slower, but it wasn't snowing and honestly the freeway was fine. We made it to the gym in 30 minutes, which is only 10 minutes longer then it usually takes us.

Our friends Jake and Julie and Mindy and Jared did brave the bad weather reports and came to help me celebrate. With some cheers from the employees at the gym, my birthday party turned out the be great. Everyone sang to me (REALLY LOUD!) and we got in some fantastic climbs, including an awesome 5.11 red on the aerate...it was AWESOME and I can't wait to do it again (maybe tomorrow???).

The cake...it was so GORGEOUS, I had a hard time cutting it. But we were all happy when I did because IT ROCKED! The top layer was white and the bottom was chocolate. One of the employees said, "This Fondant was actually really good. Most fondant is NASTY!" LOL Isn't that a great quote for my cupcake lady? I thoroughly enjoyed my piece of Chocolate cake and only 4 friends came and a hand full of employees helped me celebrate, there is a lot left over! I think I'll freeze some so my mom and dad and brother Jeff can enjoy when they come down for Dallin's baptism.

One good thing about the news reporting that the roads were so bad was that the gym was so empty, so we had a great pick of routes and just had a blast. Rick climbed good, but his fingers were causing him trouble, which is odd because as of lately, he has been having a lot of luck with them. I did mostly 5.11s (even warming up on a new one, which was a cool thing to do).

The kids had fun in Mountain Room and made some NEAT Christmas ornaments. I'm so proud of them. They got loaded up on cake and ice cream and the sugar kicked in quick--especially for Tanith who started dancing around while pulling her dress up over her face. She was so funny and the sugar high was almost instant! Jake also felt the effect of the Fondant and we had some good laughs. It was fun to see our friends in a different light and we look forward to climbing hard with them again real soon. (Jake and I will be competing at US Nationals in January, so we gotta start training hard now.)

It was great seeing Rick help the boys traverse and boulder. He is such a GREAT dad. I love you honey! And thanks for belaying me so much tonight....what a belay slave you are! ;)

It was a great BRRRR Birthday. Thanks everyone who came and sang to me and climbed with me and helped me eat this fabulous cake. It was awesome! Next year? Same place, same date! ;)

--Super Angie

3 comments:

Otter Mum's Den said...

Looks like you had a good time! Happy Birthday again, sweetie!
We are having real snow in Seattle and as usual, with the Seattle drivers not used to driving in the stuff, it is a total mess. We got seven inches on Thursday. It did not thaw yesterday and it is now snowing buckets again here! I am rooting for a white Christmas, but my neighbors are grumbling about the snow. Party Poopers!

Super Angie Супер Энджи said...

total party poopers!

lvs2dance said...

I'm sorry that I missed it! Call me a chicken when it comes to snow and the point of the mountain! But just know that I love your guts and am so sorry that I wasn't there to help you celebrate your big day! We did miss you mucho at visiting teaching!

On Belay

On Belay
Brennan Top Roping

Climb On!

Climb On!
Dallin top roping