Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Super Angie...CHINA day 8....Hyper market

I saw the funniest thing...a Hyper Market. I figure the translation was suposed to say "Quick Market" or "Super Market" instead...oh well..Hyper is fun too.

Last night, Dallin stayed in Mark's room, so I was all alone. Had breakfast alone too...which was sad. I felt like all eyes were on me. Maybe it was my "sexy butt" ?? lol

I took off for Silk Alley again and had fun there. I picked up my new glasses, which I ABSOLUTLY LOVE! They did a perfect job on the lensesisited with my friends on the 3rd floor. They all gave me gifts--free scarfs. Ah, so lovely. I just adore these girls. They are so sweet and interesting to chat with. I hope I can come back again and see them...its fun having friends in other lands.

After that I went to Starbucks and enjoyed another Black Cherry Hot chocolate. YUM! And I wrote Christmas cards...I have only 2 left to write. YEA! I chatted on the phone with my mom and Rick and then I got a surprise...a call from Celest! She cracks me up. It was 11pm and she was of course wide awake. She asked me to pick up one more thing from the market--not a problem. :) I got the item (the jeans ladies say HI!) and took a taxi back to the hotel. I'm here for the rest of the night. I am considering getting room service...who knows. I'm feeling a bit lonely...all alone. I hope Dallin is having fun. We fly out tomorrow morning. I think we are all ready to go.

Its been a wonderful trip. I love Beijing. I love China. I love all my friends here. I swear, this is the friendliest place. Everyone is happy and cheerful--even the taxi drivers! lol I'm gonna miss it...hopefully next year I can come back!

--Super Angie

9 comments:

Hadlock Hideaway said...

Oh yeah, your in China! How fun. I just sent you an email about your sprinklers at your old house... there still on and freezing over each night... Is there a way that I can turn them off? Let me know! Sorry about this news on your trip. Have a blast!

Otter Mum's Den said...

Have fun on the trip back. I think it is awesome you shared this with Dallin! He probably does not have show and tell at school at his age anymore, but think of all he is going to be able to share with his friends about China! And seeing his mom eat scorpions! And all the sight seeing and about having to fend off all the kissing girls... well, maybe not that part.

Super Angie Супер Энджи said...

actually he will be doing a little report at school about his travels and he does have show-and-tell (his teacher prefers that they don't bring toys though and instead bring something more meaningful--like a picture of their grandparent, a seashell they found or a book they are reading.

Charles Miske said...

I stopped by to turn them off - thought the city turned off their end of the water...

Tiff said...

I loved a sneak peak on the pictures. I can't wait to see all the fun stuff you and Dallin got. You are probably home by now!!!

Brennan was so excited about his chocolate and his card you guys sent. He had to show me this morning. Then when Aspen was about to take a nap he came in asked if we could say a prayer. He prayed that Aspen would have sweet dreams. It was so sweet!!!! Your kids really are so cute with her :)

Super Angie's MOM said...

I will only comment once, since I have been commenting daily on the phone. I love the details, I can picture you and Dallin. I am glad you two had such a good experience. Welcome Home.

RBS said...

Angie,
You are such a brave soul. Going to China and eating bugs, yuck. I am so glad that you are having such a great time. You are an awesome friend to my sissy and a great wife and mother!
You go girl!
Roxanne

Libby Hammond said...

I just love reading about your adventures. You are one awesome momma! I am totally excited to see pictures and here about the whole trip. BTW...how can we be friends when you don't like Diet Coke. Ang, this may be the end of a beautiful friedship!

Charles Miske said...

Speaking of diet coke, that's all we had available on our climbing trip to Ecuador. They sold real coke in Ecuador, but for some odd unkown incomprehensible reason the guide brought diet coke. What for? I mean, we didn't need to use any acidic products to clean our gear, and it certainly can't be worth drinking...

On Belay

On Belay
Brennan Top Roping

Climb On!

Climb On!
Dallin top roping