Saturday, May 16, 2009

Super Angie...its been a long time

Last night, we went climbing together as family. The kids all had to show off their newest skills and favorite routes to Rick. Then we put them in Mountain Room and we climbed. Jake and Julie arrived and some new friends, Stacey and Kevin (?). We had a blast. Rick climbed SO GOOD. I'm really impressed that his climbing has improved so much. I'm so glad he got those new shoes.

My climbing was a bit labored at time, but still felt good. I pushed myself on a few tens and got half way up an 11c. YEA! Its gonna be a fun project for sure. BUT While I was working this one spot (awful pocket and then a big reachy move), my toe slipped off a tiny cripper and slammed right into the wall. OUCH! I came down immediatly and took off my shoes. Of course my Magos always leave my toes in a perma-curled position for a bit, but this time it seemed worse. I continued to climb the rest the night, not thinking anything of it. We had a fabulous night and tons of fun. :)

We came home, put the kids to bed and thats when I realized I was limping and my toe was swollen and red. OH GREAT! Rick wrapped it in a salonpas (love those!) and I took some meds and went to bed. This morning its still swollen and a red. We don't think its broken because I don't scream and kick when Rick moves it around, but probably just a deep bruise. OUCH! It hurts so bad. This sucks because in 1 1/2 hours we have a babysitter coming so we could head to another gym this morning and do some training for my comp in Vail. What should I do?!

--Super Angie

1 comment:

JAnderegg said...

I didn't know you'd hurt your toe on Friday? When? I was week that night....had to try my one hard climb, and then went back to the 5.10 and lower. But a fun night! It was fun to see you! I'm sorry you got hurt, but not sorry you're staying in town!

On Belay

On Belay
Brennan Top Roping

Climb On!

Climb On!
Dallin top roping