Monday, October 11, 2010

Super Angie...On Air





















For my freestyle program, I skated to AIR ON A G STRING -Bach. I love this music. It really moves me and makes me reflect on my skating journey. I love being IN the music. When I set out to compete in Vegas, all I wanted to do was skate this program well, and I'm so proud of myself for doing so. I got first place. I'm so very proud of myself.

Funny story about this performance. So I was standing on the other side of the rink, watching the previous skaters. Suddenly I saw Doug get on the ice. WAIT! Doug is in my warm up group!! AHHH!!! So I ran to the ice, threw my stuff in the general direction of some randomly placed chair, confirmed with the ice monitor that I was Angie Miske, I hopped on the ice and had the very best warmup I've ever had. I hit everything and was so calm. Carrie stood by the boards with water for me and "took care of me". Thanks friend! xoxox

Then I went out and skated almost perfect. Two mistakes: I got lost on the ice (went the wrong way-LOL) and did my flip on the wrong end of the ice...it was clean, but it kind of played with my mind and I did it really close to the boards. Second mistake was on my lutz/loop on the end. I two footed my landing. Oh well.

I'm still very happy with how I skated this and I look forward to improving it, technically and artistically!

No comments:

On Belay

On Belay
Brennan Top Roping

Climb On!

Climb On!
Dallin top roping