Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Super Angie...AXEL-lent


It happened.

I did not just one, but 6 axels today. Full rotation (I checked my marks on the ice). One foot, backwards landings. OH MY GOSH!

The feeling from 98 was there.

I started the session (just Tanith and I) doing waltz jumps, thinking and concentrating on my arms. I remembered how Vassili had pulled my arms back. How he kept telling me to bring my arms in gently without whipping.

Then I got in position to do my axel...started crying. I took a break and FBed that I was too scared to try one without my coach.

"Pull up your big girl panties" someone told me on FB.

So I did.

And it happened. I landed backwords, on one foot!

OH MY GOSH! I DID AN AXEL!

I did this 6 more times. 6 full rotation axels. Of course i also did some cheated ones, and fell a few times. But those 6!! I DID IT!

Don't Rush
Don't whip
Use your arms
Gentle
Step up

It worked!
Thanks Vassili for teaching me to be calm, and think about only one thing at a time. You truly are a master at coaching and understand how to read your students and get them to do things correctly.

JUMP!
--Super Angie

No comments:

On Belay

On Belay
Brennan Top Roping

Climb On!

Climb On!
Dallin top roping