Sunday, December 12, 2010

Super Angie...backstage

The holiday show in Vegas was a ton of fun! First, I must say it was a real honor to have been asked to skate in it--considering I was the only adult solo and I was the lowest level skater. Everyone was so kind to me...I really feel at home at this rink.

I got to do a bit of the adult Coffee Club number to "Baby its cold out side". This number was simply about having fun and cheesing it up on the ice. Everyone wore red sweaters with black skirts or pants. We had white fluffy scarves too. I did my hydroblade plus a flip jump and then joined the ladies in a kick line and a few other things. It was just a fun time on the ice.

Then I did my I'll Be Home For Christmas program. The set was really nice and it was fun to skate again in a spot light. The crowd was appreciative. I wasn't nervous for this program--except worried that if I screwed up I would hear it from Vassili--something like "What the crap happened to your loop" or something. lol But I skated it perfect (perfect in my eyes anyway). I did awesome and it felt great. :) Nicole took some beautiful pictures too.

Nicole and I exchanged Christmas presents. She gave me a beautiful bracelet that says, "A true friend reaches for your hand but touches your heart". Thanks hon! She also wrote a nice card AND gave me new skating music. WONDERFUL! I'm sooo excited. I LOVE this song and she did such an amazing job cutting it. She is HIRED! lol

I had fun chatting with all the "girls" back stage. Its funny--they all know me from the in-house comp, or from freestyles, and they all came with hugs to say HI. Some of them refer to me as Lady Gaga. LOL Even their mothers come and say HI and tonight, one of them even offered to let me stay with them.

Nicole and I just laughed and laughed when we went out for the finale skate with Santa. I swear, we are like 8 yr olds when we get together. Too much fun. We were one of the last few skaters to get off the ice. LOL we are addicted I think.

Then to the bar we went. Just a nice evening with a great friend. Skating and friends...Vegas is great! ARGH!

2 comments:

Charles Miske said...

You look so cute

Charles Miske said...

V. looks so patient back there in that group shot.

On Belay

On Belay
Brennan Top Roping

Climb On!

Climb On!
Dallin top roping