Friday, December 10, 2010

Super Angie...Chi-Town

Well, I am in Chicago for the ISI Artistic Challenge. My flight last night was delayed because of snow, so I got in kind of late. Got my rental car and with the help of google maps, found my way to the hotel in Northbrook. I have traveled the world Solo so many times, you'd think I'd be used to it, but I'm not. Wish my husband was here. Wish my coach was here. But good news, tonight I get to see Laura and Doug. I met them in Vegas at ISI Adult Nationals. We have since become good friends on FB. Totally awesome couple. Thats one of the really fun things about skating--meeting people at comps. And now with the help and ease of FB, we are all becoming friends. I feel so blessed that I'm at a point in my life where I can afford to travel to skating comps. I feel blessed that I can skate.

GOALS FOR THIS COMP:
* slow down and relax.
* skate thoughtfully
* have the audience enjoy my skating as much as I do
*ENJOY IT!

I was going to write down "skate clean", but I don't think thats a good goal. Its hard to be "clean". Sure, I don't want to fall, or step out of anything. I'm well trained. I've been working hard on these three programs. BUT I feel that if I write down Skate Clean as a goal, then if I don't skate clean, I will be so upset. Its like at Adult Nationals...I fell on my flip in GAGA. BUT I had no expectations going into that program other then to rock it and have fun. I had a BLAST and so did the audience (and later found out the judges loved it too). So even though I fell, I was happy with it.

I'm thankful that Rick is home with the kids. They really LOVE this Dad only time and he loves it too. But I already miss them all.

Today...practice and get used to the rink.

ENJOY IT!
ROCK IT!
SKATE IT!

No comments:

On Belay

On Belay
Brennan Top Roping

Climb On!

Climb On!
Dallin top roping