Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Super Angie...Loop Mania!

Yesterday Vassili made the decision...NO MORE LOOPS FROM MY OLD ENTRANCE!
I am the first to admit...I wanted to cry. BUT I also have enough faith in my coach to know that HE knows what is best for me and my skating.

Today, I went to my rink, and it was just Sam and I. Its quite fun skating with Sam. She is 14, so she sees things differently. "Yeah, I think I'll try a double flip" and she goes and tries it. HOLY CRAP! No one has taught her to do doubles...she just decides to try things. This attitude kind of rubbed off on me today.

LOOP.

I get it! I understand what Vassili was saying yesterday- wait for the jump. Don't go too early. Don't rush it.

It happens. Its like the jump and the ice just tell you when its supposed to happen and then BANG, it happens. With like no effort. At first, they were small. But then I just went full force, full speed, full spring and BOOM! They are back to my huge, beautiful loops. Its a very strange feeling...the jump honestly just tells you when to leave the ice. Its a neat feeling. Sam said I could easily turn it into a double. This is the second time someone has told me my loop could be a double. Hmm...interesting to think about...

Its funny for me to think back to just April or March when I was TERRIFIED to do a loop. Bri put me on the harness and I wouldn't even do them. Now with this new found confidence and faith Vassili has instilled in me, I'm flying on my loops and I really love them.

Setting up for another, I decided to make it a combo...and I did!

LOOP LOOP LOOP LOOP!

Total Loop Mania today and I must say, I loved it!
--Super Angie

2 comments:

Charles Miske said...

You're awesome baby. I love intuitively knowing something that doesn't really exist. Like a split moment in time.

Amy said...

Looks like such a great time....you're amazing Angie!

On Belay

On Belay
Brennan Top Roping

Climb On!

Climb On!
Dallin top roping