Monday, September 8, 2008

Super Angie...Your help is needed

I just found out my friend most likely has Ovarian Cancer--AGAIN! She already had it once, went through all the treatments and lived cancer free for several years. Now her test levels don't look so great. Shes a rock climber and I met her through an event call HERA-Climb for Life.
I am raising money for Ovarian Cancer research....I want my friend to be okay.
  • Did you know that Ovarian Cancer kills more woman then all the other reproductive cancers combined. 
  • There is no reliable easy test for Ovarian Cancer like the Pap smear for Cervical cancer or a Mamogram for Breast cancer. You have to especially ask your doctor for the test--they don't just do it, like the pap or a breast exam.
The HERA event is happening next week here in Salt Lake City. I have registered to climb in the event and raise money, but a family event will actually take me out of town during the event, so I won't get to climb. BUT in honor of my mom (A gyn cancer survivor) and in honor of my friend, I am still trying to raise money. 
Please donate. Even $5 helps!
Thanks and God Bless....
--Super Angie

4 comments:

Tiff said...

You are so amazing for all you do for others!!! At this time money is extremely tight and I have to find other ways to serve people, but I admire all you do, both with time and money!

Super Angie Супер Энджи said...

I don't know about that, Tiff...I'm no saint. lol This is no different then someone who likes running, entering a charity 5K, or someone playing in a charity basketball game (or tennis or or or). I just happen to know someone with this cancer, so its more personal then "just a charity event". All my friends do awesome things for others. :)

Charles Miske said...

This is an excellent event. I attended some of the public venues last year, and once while Angie was up climbing at Hard Rock in AF Canyon with the gang, I took the boys up to introduce them to Chris Lindner and Joe Kinder, both of whom were very open and friendly and accessible. Please contribute if you possibly can, like she said, even $5 helps someone reach their goal. I was going to volunteer to lead/belay this year as ground crew, but with the Orlando trip, now I'm sitting, but next year for sure!

Super Angie Супер Энджи said...

So true... The HERA foundation is wonderful and ALL the money goes towards research, unlike some cancer charities where the administrators get heafty paychecks.

The Climb for Life event is wonderful.

On Belay

On Belay
Brennan Top Roping

Climb On!

Climb On!
Dallin top roping