Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Super Angie..First Day of School


Today was Dallin's first day of Second Grade at American Legacy Academy in American Fork, UT. 
Of course we he was excited to start, meet new kids and enjoy his new teacher, but mostly he was excited for his Erste Schul Tag Tutte--First Day of School Cone. This is a German tradition. Kids all over Germany receive one filled with school supplies, candy and maybe some new clothes or toys. 

Dallin got a BEN 10 backpack "AWE-SOME!", a Ben 10 coloring books, "I totally like my coloring book", some Twisteable coloring pencils "I really like them but I haven't used them yet" and some strawberry Whoppers " They taste Really Yummy".

Dallin spiked his hair up after his shower, but right before leaving for school, he asked me to add some gel and smooth it down. He looked great in his school uniform too.

After school, we stopped by Dear Lizzie in Highland and got a Dizzie Lizzie drink. :)

I'm pinching myself that I have a second grader. I totally remember (with total fondness) 2nd grade. It was fabulous. I had Mrs. Gilbert at Ben Rush Elementary. Ah, such good memories. But if I can remember 2nd grade so well, that means, my son will likely remember 2nd grade so well...he is getting older and growing up. *sigh*

I love you Dallin!
--Super Angie

2 comments:

Charles Miske said...

I don't remember 2nd grade much. I drew pictures of underwater monsters eating submarines. I had a teacher who I don't remember anymore. I learned some stuff. I finally figured out you don't try to write all the sentence of your spelling test example.

Super Angie's MOM said...

I like the hair, but more Brennan than conservative Dallin. His face showed pure joy. I remember 2nd grade but that's another story.

On Belay

On Belay
Brennan Top Roping

Climb On!

Climb On!
Dallin top roping