Sunday, November 23, 2008

Super angie... a wallet found, a testimony strenghtened.

While moving to this new house, back at the begining of summer, I had a special wallet my mom had given me from her trip to Istanbul. I was keeping some cash in it that was left over from a trip I'd taken last year. For some reason, I couldn't figure out where I had "hid" the wallet to keep it safe. Every so often, I go on a hunt for it, but never find it. This morning, with the help of the boys I again looked in vain through my bedroom, closet and bathroom. I didn't find the wallet, but I did get some things organized better, so that was good.

Rick called me and we were chatting about his adventure. He sure is having a wonderful time. I miss him something awful though. Anyway, I mentioned to him that I was looking for that wallet still. As I mentioned it to him, he remembered his passport. A few months ago, he couldn't find his passport. I usually keep it for him, in a real safe spot that I actually remember, but this time, his passport wasn't there. We searched EVERY WHERE for that dang passport. He needed it to get his tickets for this trip, so time was ticking. We looked in boxes in the garage. We looked in all the suitcases. We looked in drawers, bags, and even coat pockets. We searched everywhere! I knelt down and said a prayer. At first I asked that I would find it for him, but the spirit prompted me to change that and ask that he would find it. Almost immediatly he called from the closet- "I found it!" It was in the coat pocket of the summit coat he wore on Orizaba, in Mexico last year. Amazing! Anyway, He quickly thought of this story and said a prayer that I could find my wallet. Immediatly, while still talking on the phone, I opened a drawer I had looked in a million times and there it was! I found my wallet!

I later told the boys about the prayer Rick offered and how I found the wallet, to which Brennan replied, "So it really works!!!" (in reguards to praying).

Yes, Prayer works...

--Super Angie

5 comments:

Tiff said...

What a great example of prayer. I am so glad you shared it with your kids and that Brennan saw that it works :)

Hadlock Hideaway said...

I am so glad that you found your wallet. Thanks for sharing this prayer experience... it really does work!

JAnderegg said...

Yes, It does. I love the things kids can teach you, and in turn, you can teach them! You are one neat mamma!

Amy said...

Angie, you are darling, it was good to see you the other night as well. So do you really ice climb, holy cow!!! Jake and I use to rock climb all the time, and Jake would give his left arm to get back into it, (oh that might make it impossible to climb, so maybe his left pinky???), but very cool that you do. Adorable kids.

Wished you could have come to the movie.

Otter Mum's Den said...

It really does work and my kids have tried this. Last time was Michelle with her eyeglasses which had fallen inside the hide-a-bed during a sleepover and gotten folded in along with the bed. Not an obvious spot, but I felt prompted to look there after she prayed!

On Belay

On Belay
Brennan Top Roping

Climb On!

Climb On!
Dallin top roping