Monday, November 17, 2008

Super Angie...golden dragon


Dallin has always felt a bit left out that I have my little "pet" name for Brennan (big bear). We have tried many many times to find the right name for Dallin (Little starfish, big racoon etc) but nothing really stuck or seemed to make him happy. Its not easy to force a knick-name on anyone.

Well, Saturday night, we finally figured it out.
BIG DRAGON or GOLDEN DRAGON. It just fits Dallin. His Chinese birth year sign is Golden Dragon, so this has always been a familiar thing.

Dallin is such a joy. He has the biggest heart and is so full of integrity. It hurts me really bad when I hear adults say things about him--like hes mean. I'm sure that some of his actions look mean (like pretending to fight an alien or being Ben 10 or a wild animal) but these are just his imagination at work. Many times I have seen Dallin reach out and help a younger child. He is so loving to his siblings and yet, strong like a dragon, he will protect them against anything and anyone! He is sensitive to the needs of those around him. I remember once while in Moscow, Russia, Dallin saw a lady begging near a church. He was so concerned about her and wanted to help.

He has a golden heart. He loves the Savior and understands so much about the gospel. He is a hard worker and valient.

And so, my dear Dallin, you are now my big golden dragon. Thanks for loving your mama so much!

--Super Angie

3 comments:

Tiff said...

That sounds like a perfect "pet" name for Dallin!

Super Angie's MOM said...

It is sweet that you have this pet relationship. Everyone needs to know they have a special place in their mothers heart.

Otter Mum's Den said...

Don't pay attention to mean comments! If I did, I would have had some of my kids committed and I'd be in a padded room by now! Not that I am totally sane, mind you!

On Belay

On Belay
Brennan Top Roping

Climb On!

Climb On!
Dallin top roping