Monday, November 17, 2008

Super Angie...the taste of mexican radio


Tonight I treated myself to a night out without the kids. I went shopping and found some dang cute things to flatter my new dang cute figure. (grin) On the way home, tiring of my normal talk radio, I searched the FM stations for something I could handle when I ran across a Mexican station. It was all in Spanish, but the music was great--real mariachi music. With in the first minute of listening to it, I suddenly got hungry for Mexican food. It was like the music triggered my taste buds and I was transported back to Las Margaritas on 85th in Kirkland on Rose Hill, just down the street from LW and Emily's house. GIVE ME SOME TACOS PLEASE!!!

--Super Angie
PS...Rick called me twice today! :) This morning he had just finished breakfast at the hotel and was heading off to do some acclimatizing hikes. He wasn't sure if he would have cell reception tonight when he got to his Hacienda, but sure enough, he did! He called really happy. He had just done his hike...a 15,700 foot Volcano! It blew 8 years ago and there are still hot spots and a strong sulfur smell. He loved it! The boys were of course impressed by this. He said it was very cool to be hiking and have the air be cool and then suddenly warm because of the vents, and then back to cool again. He was feeling fantastic and happy he had trained as hard as he had--he wasn't having any trouble recovering tonight. Tomorrow they make their way to their first big mountain. I wonder if he is hearing any mariachi music?

2 comments:

RBS said...

Hi Angie,
I was just browsing around and decided to see what you are up to. My goodness your life is busy and I really admire that you are willing to send your hubby off on his dream trips so that he can accomplish the things that are important to him. What a gal!
Roxanne
PS I am sorry that sometimes experiences we have at church are challenging, I have had my own growth experiences, but I know if anyone can turn lemons into lemonade it is YOU!

Super Angie's MOM said...

Mexican food is on my list for next week. Back in the USA :)

On Belay

On Belay
Brennan Top Roping

Climb On!

Climb On!
Dallin top roping