Sunday, November 16, 2008

Super Angie... "You're WHERE?"

So, I called Rick this morning (again, THANKS VERIZON!).

"Hi Honey!"
"Hi baby"
"Hows it going?"
"Great... I'm on the EQUATOR!"
"WHAT!!!!"

How cool is it that he is on the equator right this minute?

I took the kids over to our globe and showed them where Quito is and then where the Equator is and where we are. Brennan was amazed at how far we are from dad.

He said its REALLY awesome to be there and he's taking a ton of pictures.

These pictures are NOT from Rick--I just found them on the net. From the reading I've done, sometimes there is a big monument and other places there is just a line painted on the ground. Aren't these fun pictures? "Look Ma! I'm in the northern hemisphere and hes in the southern!".

I'm so excited for Rick. He sounded so excited and happy and is just loving life. What a wonderful opportunity.

--Super Angie...in the Northern Hemisphere at a latitude of 40.414

4 comments:

lvs2dance said...

Wow! That is a trip of a lifetime...I will have to add that to my list of places to visit someday! It was good talking to you last night, are you feeling better?

Super Angie Супер Энджи said...

yes, thanks Jenny! I was thinking the same thing--you are such an awesome friend!

Super Angie's MOM said...

I have never been right on the equator but so close that the sun went down and came up in only a few seconds.

Tiff said...

Wow what an amazing experience. I showed Tyler and he was soooo jealous :)

BTW you look GREAT!!! I am so excited for you and all your weight loss!

On Belay

On Belay
Brennan Top Roping

Climb On!

Climb On!
Dallin top roping