Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Super Angie... I LOVE BOULDERING!




Last night was so much fun. WERC with JC HUNTER was amazing. Not only is she a great climber, and a very sweet person, but she is also a fabulous teacher/coach.

The class was well attended and I think everyone had a super fun time. We started with some bouldering on the kids wall...just simple traversing, active stretching (which is better for you them static stretching) and lots of inverted work. JC explained a lot about spotting and warming up.

Then we moved into the main bouldering room. She was so well prepared. Earlier in the day, she had gone into the main bouldering area and scouted out routes for us to try. It was great to see ladies who had never tried a V0 be able to send it by the end of the evening. More advanced climbers were given lots of hands on help. JC helped Leslie and I in the cave. I LOVE climbing in the cave. Its so much fun to be completely upside down, climbing the roof of the cave. I'm officially addicted to cave climbing!!!

In the cave, we learned some seriously awesome toe hooks and heal hooks--to the point that we could let go and hang by just the toe of our shoe. Very very cool.

One thing I learned though was that my core needs to be strenghten and I need to loose more weight. Now that I have actually seen what type of benefit this will have to my own climbing, reaching this goal will be easier. Eat sweets or climb upside down easier? I want to climb upside easier, so thats that! :)


** this video is from last year at Momentum. This is Heather cranking out some bouldering moves!
--Super Angie

1 comment:

JAnderegg said...

I'm serious about a little trading! I would love to have you teach me!

On Belay

On Belay
Brennan Top Roping

Climb On!

Climb On!
Dallin top roping