Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Super Angie...Spring Break in Keystone..heavenly

Today we had a slow morning, hanging out, eating bacon and eggs and watching SUMMIT SUNRISE on RSN. I love this show! Then off to the Breck Rec Center where I did 45 minutes on the treadmill (same type they have at Momentum--I climbed over 2000 vertical feet and burned over 700 calories!). Then I did 15 minutes on the bike. Thank goodness for a good song line up on my shuffel and for America's Next Top Model...which was being played as a marathon on some station. --It was the season with Melrose-LOVE THAT GIRL!

Dallin was so cute. He is too old to go into the Beary Big Childcare at the rec center, so he sits on the floor by me and plays his DS, reads and plays with toys. I'm so happy that my 8 yr old can use his brillant imagniation to play with two plastic easter eggs, a small lion and a rubix cube, and stay happy for an hour! He also enjoyed looking at two hunting magazines they had on the racks there and showing me the pics of animals.

After working out and sweating like a pig, we headed to the rock climbing area and bouldered. This kid seriously rocks. He didn't bring his climbing shoes (I forgot!) so he is just bouldering in his teva hiking shoes. But he does some great dynamic moves, matching hands, really sweet high steps and even some heal hooks. I'm so proud of my little climber. Its fun to boulder with him. I am working a few different problems there and sending others. We also enjoy just traversing around and trying different things.

Tanith and Brennan had a blast in the childcare, and we headed to Vitamin Cottage where I found some gifts for Rick (he is going on an expedition to Alaska soon) and some protein shake powder for me---I'm wanting to try some new flavors this week.

At home, Tanith reluctantly took a nap while the boys watched the Wizard of Oz again...they LOVE this show! Then it was time to hit the hot tub and then run to the City Market. Dinner was mac and cheese for the kids, and turkey and salad for me. YUM!

We finished the evening by watching the movie THE WILD. Tomorrow, we will return to the rec center for another workout and then we'll hit a few toy stores in Breck and Frisco. A HUGE storm is on its way. I wonder how much snow we'll get here.

Rick comes in two days (Friday evening). Saturday we are going to the Country Boy Gold Mine in Breck and then we'll roam main street and probably find some good sales. ;) Sunday we drive home and then normal life starts again...until May 22nd, when school ends and summer in Keystone begins! :) I'm already making a list of things to do this summer--hiking, biking, painting ceramics, visiting the great museums in Golden, going to Buffelo Bill's grave, fun REC center activities, mainstreet in Frisco, feeding the fish at Keystone Lake...ah the list goes on and on. I'm so thankful for our second home here.

--Super Angie

1 comment:

Charles Miske said...

I got to shovel wet sloppy yucky heavy snow off the cars and driveway!

Yay for sprintime in the rockies and global warming!

On Belay

On Belay
Brennan Top Roping

Climb On!

Climb On!
Dallin top roping