Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Super Angie..Heidi Celebration









Dallin's 2nd grade class read the whole book (un-abridged) of HEIDI and when they finished, we threw them a HEIDI PARTY. Since I'm the room mom, and have a great love of all things German, Swiss and Austrian, I volunteered to help quite a bit. Most of the moms brought food (really nice spread of food!!!) and the kids just ate and ate!

Tanith, Brennan and I dressed up for the party.

Eli's mom bought bread at Flour Girls and Dough Boys and MAN OH MAN...with some gouda cheese on top..mmmm! I think I gained 5 lbs on bread alone! Another mom brought Swiss Chocolate. Someone brought Goat milk and goat cheese, veggies, fruit, meat...it was heaven!

The kids played PIN THE HORNS ON THE GOAT, learned a Swiss dance (schuhplattler), and played a game based on the book with their teacher. My friend Julie was there too (she made the goat game!!) and it was just fun to catch up.

CONGRATS KIDS! Its quite an accomplishment to read such a hard book!

-_Super Angie

No comments:

On Belay

On Belay
Brennan Top Roping

Climb On!

Climb On!
Dallin top roping