Friday, April 10, 2009

Super Angie...my new shoes


SCARPA MAGO
I got new climbing shoes. I was using La Sportiva Katanas, which I LOVED and highly recommend, but I have been getting holes in them and I needed something tighter and more aggressive. Went to MOUNTAIN WORKS in Orem and with Christian's help, I tried on a zillion pairs until I found these MAGOs. AMAZING SHOES.

Last night we went to Momentum. Breaking in aggressive shoes HURTS but its also so much fun. By the end of the evening I was doing 5.10s with sweeter footwork and better toes. It felt amazing. I can't wait to climb again!

--Super Angie
PS...they are sexy lookin shoes. :) lol

2 comments:

Charles Miske said...

I tried on a bunch too. I liked the Mago's too, but thought for me the heel was too sloppy and baggy, but otherwise, I'm fat enough to flatten the curve out of them, so they wouldn't have really helped me a lot I think. I loved the Testarrosas and the clearance Viper Slippers (hmmm, still thinking about those)...

But you climbed great, great heel-down, great toe-in. Got a lot quieter feet over the evening.

Tomorrow should be fun.

Sienna Meek said...

really nice and awesome shoes! i love the color of them too! well bye!:)

On Belay

On Belay
Brennan Top Roping

Climb On!

Climb On!
Dallin top roping