Friday, October 12, 2007

Super Angie...2nd blog in one day.... one hint 5.11!!!


Tonight at the gym, Rick told me I could climb first. I walked over to my favorite route (brown, 5.10c) and started tying in when Rick said, "why don't you try that 5.11 a" (red one right next to brown). I wasn't so sure, but he talked me into it.

The holds weren't bad at all. Its all about knee drops, twisting your body and changing which hip is into the wall, and then lots of high steps. Tyler came over and gave me some beta and some cheers. Rick gave me TONS of beta and helped a ton. I did quite a bit of hanging and swinging and resting but finally sent the whole thing. OH MY GOSH! I DID A 5.11!!!!! Of course I ran all over the gym telling everyone.

A few hours later, after Rick had climbed and after a yummy Carmel Apple Cider (made by Summer Brown...she rocks!), I decided to climb it again. This time I did it much faster and didn't swing as much. OH MY GOSH! I DID IT AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Holy snot. I am so proud of myself.

Now off to bed I go...

--Super Angie.
PS.. the picture is of one of the mascots of the Beijing Summer Olympics next year. :)--kind of looks like me running joyfully through the gym telling everyone I just sent a new problem! lol

PPS.. Rick did amazing tonight too. He got three moves from the top of a 5.10 (TONS OF SLOPERS! Horrible route, but he did soooo great!). I am so proud of him and love to climb with him. :)

2 comments:

Charles Miske said...

_blush_

Tiff said...

WOW!!!! Very impressed. You are getting so good! tyler wants to climb so bad!

On Belay

On Belay
Brennan Top Roping

Climb On!

Climb On!
Dallin top roping