Sunday, October 28, 2007

Super Angie...China report. 9...day 4...part three!

I forgot to mention that day 4 was Sunday. A group of us went to the international LDS branch in Beijing. We had a wonderful time. I didn't take a picture of the building (if you have been to the ward in NYC downtown where the temple is, you can picture this building--very similar). There was a dairy queen in the lobby. Lots of security to make sure only those with foreign passports went to church (they didn't check our passports, but they could tell we weren't chinese).

We only attended Sacrament meeting, which was very cool. The man who gave the opening prayer did so in German, so afterwards, I went and talked to him. Boy was my German rusty. But none-the-less, we had a good time speaking. He is from Wesel which is by Kleve, where I spent a summer with Knut's family. Very small world. Another lady, maybe Japanese?, came up and spoke German to us as well. Her German was much better then mine. Ah man..I am so rusty. But none-the-less....Ich weiss dass mein Erloser lebt.

The ward members were very much like other international ward members I have met--very happy to have visitors. I spoke to one lady who lives on a compound--sounds like Rosinka in Moscow, Russia. Interesting life. Wish I could join them. There is something so comforting to me about going to church outside of Utah--no offense to my church friends here. I just love it over seas.

--Super Angie
PS...a special message was read at the end of the meeting. I don't know how appropreiate it is to share it here where everyone can read it. If your curious, email me and I'll fill you in.

No comments:

On Belay

On Belay
Brennan Top Roping

Climb On!

Climb On!
Dallin top roping