Sunday, October 28, 2007

Super Angie...China report. 9...day 4...part two!






After the fun ride, we took off for Silk Ally to do some very serious shopping. This is where I had the most fun. Its not just because I got jeans for $12 each, and another fabulous purse, but because of the friends I made.

Silk Ally is just like Ya Show Market--big building, lots of floors and escalators, with tons of stalls in side--selling everything you could possibly want. Alicia has become friends with Sammy and Lilly who make custom Pearl jewelry. Talk about GORGEOUS (the girls and the pearls!). Sammy and Lilly had smiles that lit up the place. They were so kind and generous and truely good people. I would go back to them in a heartbeat.

While shopping, I needed to buy some scarfs to take back as gifts. I found a stall and along with Connie and Joan, started to barter. We got a great price and the girl was so sweet. Her name is Sally. I just adore Sally and her business partner. So afterwards, we ran up to Sammy and Lilly and bought Sally and partner a strand of pearls. When they recieved their gift, they were so thrilled that they gave us each a gift. SOOOO SWEET!!! (I went back the next day to Silk Ally to shop and Sally recognized me and gave lots of hugs. I hope she writes me--she has my email addy.)

Next to Sally's shop was a silk shop with Chinese clothes. Joan and I wanted some little kid's clothes, so we started bartering. Thats when we became friends with Lisa. Again...such nice people.

I really miss these friends I made in Silk Ally. Yes, my new jeans ROCK (I look like I lost 10 lbs!!!) and I love all the other things I found there, but these friends were so sweet...I hope I get to return and see them again.

PHOTOS: 1st: Sammy making me something. 2nd: Sammy and Lilly's sign. 3rd: Sammy (left) and Lilly (right). 4th: Connie, Sally, Me, Sally's partner, and Joan. 5th: Sally and I (with her cute scarfs in the background).


--Super Angie

1 comment:

Billy Evmur said...

Angie you r super. I enjoyed reading your blog

On Belay

On Belay
Brennan Top Roping

Climb On!

Climb On!
Dallin top roping