Friday, October 26, 2007

Super Angie...China report 4--day two Part 2












Day 2 Part 2....after lunch we headed to the Summer Palace. The lake at the Summer Palace was man made---read: dug by hand by servants a long time a go. It was a really nice setting though. Lots of great statues and building.

Everyone enjoyed the little cafe stand...I bought a package of Chips Ahoy which were quickly eatened up by Colton, Maddie, Bre, Connie and I. :) Roxanne ordered a coffee and a hot chocolate, but instead was given two coffees---so she celebrated a bit.

It was too windy to go on the boat cruise on the lake...which was probably just as well. I was hungry and tired.

We went to dinner at a nice resturant where we ran into another tour from Morris Murdock being lead by the famous BYU football coach, Lavell Edwards. Turns out Angie's husband played for BYU and so, I took a picture of him talking to his old coach. Cute.

Dave got creative during dinner, using the Chicken head as a nose ring. Sorry Dave, I just had to put this picture on my blog!!! LOL LOL LOL We also enjoyed seeing a blowfish...I think he was there to be eaten, but we just enjoyed seeing him puff up.

At the resturant, I bought Rick what I thought was a nice package of Chinese tea...turned out to be strange looking candy. Sorry honey. I tried! lol

PHOTOS: 1st: Me posing with a phone booth 2nd:Self Portrait of me on the bus. 3rd: Dragon at the Summer Palace. 4th: Roxanne with her two coffees! 5th Me and Bre (self portrait!) 6th: Angie and Alison (and their spouses) at the Summer Palace. 7th: Smart Car with a Spoiler! For those of you who remember, I spent on trip in Germany taking only photos of Smart cars (and me infront of them)...so I couldn't resist this photo. BUT why on earth, does a Smart Car need a spoiler? I mean, seriously. The thing is not gonna go fast enough to take flight!! 8th: Levall talking to our table. 9th: Dave with the Chicken head. 10th: Bre and I with my bag of cookies. 11th: Puffer fish.

--Super Angie...

1 comment:

Tiff said...

Wow what a fun busy trip!!! I love how you blog all details. It is so fun to read. Its kind of like a journal. I need to blog more important things!! I am so jealous you got to go on this trip and that you have most of your Christmas shopping done. I loved seeing all the stuff you got! I have to live through other peoples vacations!!! :)

On Belay

On Belay
Brennan Top Roping

Climb On!

Climb On!
Dallin top roping