Friday, October 26, 2007

Super Angie...China report 2--Forbidden City









After the hearty and healthy lunch, we drove to the Forbidden City. We entered from the back of it. I really wasn't expecting there to be so many trees and rocks in the Forbidden City. Its really hard to explain how awesome it was (and truthfully...I probably didn't pay as close attention as I should of...was very tired!!!). So, I won't write too much about it but will instead just post pictures.

Highlights: all the courtyards were so cool. You could really get lost in here (which Roxanne did. Poor Bre...running around saying, "I've lost my mom!!!" At the time, I thought Roxanne and Bre were sisters, so I was horribly confused at who her mom might be! LOL)--later I'll post some pictures of Roxanne and Bre...we became such great friends!...actually, the photo of me standing infront of Moa...you can see Connie directly next to me with the green jacket and brown pants and then next to her, the tall lady with the short black hair and glasses is Roxanne. Ah...I made such great friends.

It was really fun having Connie on the trip. She was the only other person traveling solo, so we did a lot of things together (although she ran to the top of the great wall, and I just lightly sauntered a ways up). LOL

I really enjoyed learning about Chinese history (although don't ask me too many questions because, like I said--Jet Lag--I couldn't repeat stuff back to you. ).

I enjoyed taking pictures of all the interesting roof angles and all the colors...everything is very well taken care of and very vibrant!

ABOUT THE PHOTOS: 1st. Me pointing at Mao's portrait outside the Forbidden City. 2nd. Me dancing on the steps inside the Forbidden City. 3rd...beautiful colors on the roofs. 4th. Every roof level has a different set of animals on it. The highest amount of animals you can have is 9 and thats only for the Emperor. 5th. Me sitting on a little fence infront of a cool building in one of the courtyards. 6th. Me at the back to the Forbidden City (the building on the hill has some signifiance, but honestly, I couldn't tell you what! ). 7th. Joan and I with a beautiful Forbidden City backdrop. 8th. Posing infront of a cute red door inside the Forbidden City.

As we approached the front of the Forbidden City we were bombared by our first grouping of street sellers. Evan taught us how to barter and we all got great deals on postcards and a photo book of the Forbidden city. (Unfortuantly, I completely forgot I had bought the postcards, so I never did mail any. Maybe next week, I'll send a few of them from here....). Learning from Evan how to barter was so much fun. I really enjoyed this aspect of China. The people crack me up. If you show even the slightest amount of interest, they will haggle and haggle and won't leave you a lone. Its so funny.

--Super Angie --if you haven't already read "China Report 1" or any of the previous posts, I invite you to do so! Scroll down baby!

No comments:

On Belay

On Belay
Brennan Top Roping

Climb On!

Climb On!
Dallin top roping