Friday, October 26, 2007

Super Angie...China report 5... day 3.. part one!













I woke up early on Day three (well actually because of Jet Lag, 5:30 was pretty much the norm) and headed down to the park nearby to do some Tai Chi. Dave and Joan and I met up, and then found Connie in the lobby, so together we all went. Dave and Joan do Tai Chi back home, so they were totally excited to go.

We found a group of older ladies who we joined. They were thrilled to death that a bunch of Americans had joined their group. A friendly smile and a Ni Hao were all it took to fit right in. After that group, we found another group with music...us ladies jumped right in and started doing the little dance while Dave took photos (THANKS DAVE!).

I really enjoyed watching the guys who were hanging out under the trees in the park . These guys were doing, what I think was Kung Fu like Rick and Art do. It was really spectactular and I really wished I could have beamed Rick right over...he would have loved it. So, honey, I was thinking of you the whole time! On the other side of our hotel, I found a group of ladies doing stuff with fans. I joined them a bit and they told me I was Beautiful. They were so wonderful. I can truely say, I love these people!!!

We started the day by visiting the Cloisonne factory. What beautiful but totally expensive stuff!! The factory tour was interesting. The buildings were totally Soviet. (Connie who has traveled a ton in Eastern Europe thought so too. "This looks like Russia" she commented) I took a picture of the door, wall and ceiling in one of the rooms so you could see how run down it was. Very much like Eastern Europe. :( I bought a few things (again, Christmas presents so I can't say what) and used the awful sqauter toilet...but when you gotta go...

Then we went to the Ming Tombs. Along the way, we passed by tons of fruit stands. I enjoyed seeing the pumpkins. (Love Pumpkins!!!) At the Ming tombs abunch of us bought Chinese straw hats. I LOVE my hat. Seriously, its one of my favorite things. I plan on wearing it on hikes. I took it on the airplane with me...I am so cool! lol The Ming Tombs were cool, but not so fantastic that I would go back (if I had a choice). But the hat was fun to buy there. :)

Saw lots of Communist style Statues around town...made me think of Moscow or Budepest.

Photos: 1st: Connie and Dave doing Tai Chi. 2nd: Me (in blue coat I bought at the market...I forgot to blog about that...will do that in a seperate one) dancing. 3rd: Ladies with Fans. 4th Cloisonne Factory--notice how run down it is. 5th: Joan and I at Ming Tombs (sorry photos are out of order). 6th: Fan Ladies (aren't they so cute!!!!) 7th: group of us at Ming Tombs with our hats. from Left to Right: Joan, Alli, Me (in new coat from Market), Bre and Sam 8th: Cloisonne Factory workers. 9th: Communist Statue. 10th: Ming Tombs 11th: Pumpkins for sale

--Super Angie

1 comment:

nancy said...

Hey Angie,
Dave came into Jcrew, while Sam and I were working today and passed on your blog address/page(?-i am new at this.) It was great to see him and reminisce about the trip. I have been very jet lagged and kinda sad that I am not sight seeing and shopping everyday. That was a pretty incredible experience. I decided to comment on this day, because, my favorite thing was doing the "daily exercise program" with the people early each morning. That experience just meant so much to me, and I wouldn't have know to do it if you hadn't told me about it that second morning. So, thank you, thank you, thank you. Now, I just wish I could have you follow me around and document my daily activities. Your comments(the details!) and pictures(beautiful)were wonderful. I just spent and hour(that I didn't have)reading every detail with a big grin on my face. You have such a kind, energetic and inqusitive spirit. It was great to travel with you, maybe Russia next time?!
As always,
Nancy

On Belay

On Belay
Brennan Top Roping

Climb On!

Climb On!
Dallin top roping