Monday, August 31, 2009

Super Angie...Mt Rainier...PART EIGHT..on the way down

These pics are out of order...
Rick on his way down through the ice, snow and rock
Remember how I said I didn't understand how Rick never saw the mountain on his other Rainier trips. Well...on our way down, it happened. Total white out.
We couldn't see ANYTHING!
While we were on our way down, a group from IMG passed us. It was really awesome. The lead guide was Jeff--the guide who helped save Rick's life on Liberty Ridge earlier this summer. Jeff instantly recognized us and stopped to chat. I simply LOVE IMG and the fact that their guides really get to know their clients...great people! The guide in the back was one of the guys who rescued Rick's group. Very cool
Another "scary" crevasse.
Jump Rick Jump!

All loaded up.

3 comments:

Charles Miske said...

That bottom pic is great. We're first leaving camp to climb up to the ridge after packing our tent and all. Notice my boots aren't even laced. LOL

JAnderegg said...

Oh, looks so fun!

jenn said...

Coming down?!! Did you reach the summit? How high did you get?! I feel like there should be a part 7.5!! And those white out pictures remind me of Into Thin Air- luckily, I already know you made it all the way down the mountain!

On Belay

On Belay
Brennan Top Roping

Climb On!

Climb On!
Dallin top roping