Monday, August 24, 2009

Super Angie...packing the pack

We spent some time on Saturday packing my pack for Rainier.

Most of my gear laid out. I have my gortex clothes, although right now the forecast is looking unliking. We may just leave it at Paradise in the car. I have my baselayers, my awesome Marmot soft shell coat, my puffy, two pairs of socks, my Mamut beanie, a buff, helmat, head lamp, perscription glacier glasses (Julbo!)...I'm set to pack!
Which sleeping bag should I take. They are both so pretty, but we opted for the down one. The forecast isn't showing snow or rain, so the down will be okay. Plus its as light as a feather! lol
When Tan saw me with my sleeping bags, she just had to get into hers!
Some of my food. Notice the three ding dongs!? Yummm
And of course...the chocolate covered cinnamon bears!
I look so sexy, don't I? LOL
With my ice ax and crampons on the back, I'm all set for some glacier travel.
Tanith taking a peak at daddy in the tent.
Me and Tan testing out the tent...yup, its gonna be great!

After packing my pack, we weighed it and it was around 27 lbs. PERFECT! Then we unpacked it all, and packed it into my expedition size suitcase to check on the plane. DONE! Now I'm all ready for the flight. Just a few more days, and then we are off!

--Super Angie

7 comments:

Charles Miske said...

It's really cool being part of the process to bring someone into our secret climber's club. LOL. You look great in your stuff. Can hardly wait till we climb up in the dark over the crevasses and ladders up the steep rock and into the wind and sunrise. Far out.

Otter Mum's Den said...

Praying hard over here that the airlines don't lose or damage your luggage. I haven't had much luck with airlines. sorry, I am sounding like Eeyore right now.

Wendy Jean said...

Wow, I didn't think about you needed different glasses... more like goggles or something? Sounds like you are already. I would so be packing a treat! For me it would be Peanut M&M's! This summer we drove up to Sunset Ridge and just walked across a little bridge and that was a good enough Rainier hike for me! LOL! Good luck!

jenn said...

SO excited for you!! Have a SUPER climb Angie!

RBS said...

Be careful and make sure you experience everything you want to experience.
Roxanne

Libby Hammond said...

Wow! I love reading about your adventures! You're awesome!!!

JAnderegg said...

Good luck! And have fun! I'll be there Sunday to welcome you home!

On Belay

On Belay
Brennan Top Roping

Climb On!

Climb On!
Dallin top roping