Monday, August 31, 2009

Super Angie...Mt Rainier...PART TWO..easy hikin

We started off from Paradise on the SKYLINE trail. Its a paved sidewalk and really simple strolling for the first bit. Lots of day hikers and tourists. I actually had a really nice conversation in German with this lady and her son.

We like to hike like the guides do...taking stops once an hour to hydrate and refuel.We also stopped to chat with fellow hikers. I know we take way longer then most hikers, but I like to enjoy the whole experience.
Rainier has such beautiful meadows of wild flowers. I simply couldn't get enough of the colors.
Yes, I stopped WAY too much to take pictures.
I LOL about this. Rick has been to Rainer many many times, but every time he has gone, the weather has been horrible. He honestly had NO IDEA you could see the mountain while you were hiking on it. I was in disbelief, thinking maybe he just doesn't pay attention when he was hiking. Later I was shown how it usually looks. (thats for another post though)
The trail changes from sidewalk to a nice packed dirt and stone trail. The NPS takes really good care of the trail. Very well maintained. Lots of stone steps leading to beautiful vistas. At this part of the trail, most people are in running shoes. I think next time, we will not wear our big boots down low and change into them higher up.
A great view of the glaciers.
This waterfall was SO LOUD.
We really lucked out with the weather on the ascent. GORGEOUS views all around.
My sweet honey on the the trail.
THE MOUNTAIN!

1 comment:

jenn said...

I love that you chat with the other hikers and take lots of pictures! It is all about the journey and you really take it in!

On Belay

On Belay
Brennan Top Roping

Climb On!

Climb On!
Dallin top roping